What are you currently playing?

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Re: What are you currently playing?

Postby Atlinsmere » Wed Feb 8, '12, 8:50 am

Been playing some old PSX/PS2 games as of late. Those being:

Digimon World (PSX/ God I love this game)
Spyro Ripto's Rage (PSX/ Favourite of the series, already beat it twice, 100% plus all skill points in a week)
Tony Hawls Pro Skater 2 (I ended up buying it on PSX since my memory pack on my N64 likes to die and delete my saves)
SmackDown Here Comes The Pain (PS2/ Ended up making Jeff Hardy and Shane McMahon. Probably going to make more wrestlers they dont have in the future on this wonderful installment of wrestling games)

And as per usual, I've been playing some Minecraft. Though not the actual game since its been boring me. Been doing challenges and its quite fun.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby myau56 » Wed Feb 8, '12, 9:32 am

Too many games to finish ! I think I'll never finished all of them... or maybe I f I am to live more than 100 years ;)
Tried Drakkhen tomorrow on SFC : what an awful game... :(
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby enigmaopoeia » Wed Feb 8, '12, 4:50 pm

myau56 wrote:Too many games to finish ! I think I'll never finished all of them... or maybe I f I am to live more than 100 years ;)

Story of my life. :wow_luigi:

myau56 wrote:Tried Drakkhen tomorrow on SFC : what an awful game... :(

:lol: Drakkhen is one of my favorite guilty pleasure games, I beaten it about three times.
Last edited by enigmaopoeia on Wed Feb 8, '12, 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ enigmaopoeia
enigmaopoeia
Hunter
Hunter

Achievements: 33

Postby myau56 » Wed Feb 8, '12, 8:40 pm

enigmaopoeia wrote:
myau56 wrote:Too many games to finish ! I think I'll never finished all of them... or maybe I f I am to live more than 100 years ;)

Story of my life. :wow_luigi:
Yes ! My life is very impressive ! ^^ :yes: :dog_laugh:

myau56 wrote:Tried Drakkhen tomorrow on SFC : what an awful game... :(

:lol: Drakkhen is one of my favorite guilty pleasure games, I beaten it about three times.

ARGH !!!! Yep you must have a lot of time to lost because this game is AWFUL ... but fun ! Awful games are really and often funny to test...GUILTY !! ^^
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby enigmaopoeia » Sun Feb 12, '12, 5:39 pm

I just beaten Phantasy Star III as Sean, my party was: Sean LV14, Mieu LV52, Wren LV52, Laya LV47, and Kara LV4. Dark Force was a pushover, I actually had more trouble fighting Rulakir because I wasn't paying attention. :wow_luigi:

I know I could take this time to move onward to Phantasy Star IV, but I want to thoroughly enjoy and beat the game as everyone in Phantasy Star III. Thus I am making my way through the worst to the best endings -- which I read is Sean, Crys, Adan, and Aron. [I could be wrong, but I know many agree that Aron's ending is the most "canon".]

Currently I'm playing through as Crys and recruited Laya. I'm gonna try to do things a bit differently with Crys than what I had done as Sean. So we'll see how I'll go.
~ enigmaopoeia
enigmaopoeia
Hunter
Hunter

Postby myau56 » Sun Feb 12, '12, 5:46 pm

I cannot remember at all the endings of Phantasy Star III so my last game of PSIII was no later than...this morning ! I just reached the top of the weather/satellite control tower in Aridia and I'm quasi at the end of the first generation ! After I'll see all the endings and I think I'll made it as in the order you gave : it's the first time I ever see something about worst and best endings, and the same about"canon" ending...but that's very interesting ! Good luck in your travels :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby enigmaopoeia » Mon Feb 13, '12, 1:45 pm

Yeah, I wasn't too sure if those endings are particularly in order. But it at least gives me something to strive for. I beaten the game as Crys last night and I am complete with Ayn's generations!

Now I'm playing as Nial and I'm at the rebel's cave. However I wasn't paying attention and I died thanks to some back-to-back Zan attacks. I will get back to Nial's chapter later tonight, I can't wait to see who will be in my party this time!
~ enigmaopoeia
enigmaopoeia
Hunter
Hunter

Postby tilinelson2 » Mon Feb 13, '12, 11:42 pm

I don't think there are more canon or less canon endings in PSIII. The purpose of the game was to have four different endings, none "better" or "worse", to show the importance of choices in life.

Anyway, for me, the best endings are those your reach by marrying Maia. How could I refuse marrying Maia? She is perfect :D
A person only sees and hears what he wants to see and hear and disregards the rest.
tilinelson2
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 277

Postby myau56 » Tue Feb 14, '12, 1:10 pm

TILINELSON : lol you're right, Marina/Maia is quasi perfect :) But I think that all the endings are worth seeing :) But as individuals, we can be more attracted by one of them ! Like prefering those with the "Maia" side.

ENIGMAOPOEIA : you go really all-out in the game ! Me I'm near the end of the first generation :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby enigmaopoeia » Fri Feb 17, '12, 7:37 pm

Last night, I have completed beaten Phantasy Star III as all four heroes! To anyone curious, here are my party's levels for all of the generations:

[First Generation]
- Rhys LV20 / Mieu LV20 / Wren LV19 / Lyle LV7 / Lena LV15.

[Second Generation]
- Ayn LV24 / Mieu LV39 / Wren LV40 / Thea LV34 / Sari LV2.
- Nial LV16 / Mieu LV31 / Wren LV31 / Ryan LV5 / Laya LV28.

[Third Generation]
- Sean LV14 / Mieu LV52 / Wren LV52 / Laya LV48 / Kara LV4.
- Crys LV14 / Mieu LV52 / Wren LV52 / Laya LV48 / Kara LV4.
- Adan LV13 / Mieu LV50 / Wren LV50 / Gwyn LV49 / Kara LV49.
- Aron LV13 / Mieu LV50 / Wren LV50 / Kara LV50 / Laya LV50.

I only had insane Levels as Ayn because I married Maia first and I was grinding for Meseta to buy two Star Mists that I ended up never using.

And with that, I will be moving onto Phantasy Star IV later today. I just hope it doesn't suffer from the "Symphony of the Night curse".
Last edited by enigmaopoeia on Fri Feb 17, '12, 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ enigmaopoeia
enigmaopoeia
Hunter
Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming