What are you currently playing?

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Postby Wolf Bird » Thu Feb 19, '09, 4:46 pm

Now I'm back to playing Metroid Prime, since that game is really beginning to get good. I'm actually encountering those little energy-sucking flying jellyfish parasites sometimes! Plus, I've gotten a LOT of the upgrades (most recently the gravity suit for uninhibited underwater motion), but I'm still less than half-way through the game. But that freakin' grapple beam is beginning to tease me way too much! So many grapple points and grapple beam still not found...
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Tsunami » Sat Feb 21, '09, 12:36 am

Finished Dragon Warrior III! I gave myself a challenge sometime ago, to beat the game with the Hero and three fighters (no class changing) and had taken a break from it, though I finally got around to starting it up again and seeing it though. :mrgreen: All bosses died in one round, except for Baramos and Zoma (should've done a count to see how they compared). And, sadly, Baramos was much more difficult than Zoma was. >_< I expected Zoma to put up more of a fight.. >.>

Aaand, now I am not playing anything! Though I am tempted to emulate Phantasy Star (I) and play through that again... :hmm:
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Wolf Bird » Sat Feb 21, '09, 2:31 am

And very soon, I will be booting up my NES emulator and trying my hand at Mother 1/Earthbound Zero. Found and applied the easy patch to a rom...I know without it I'd have to do WAY more grinding than I care to stand. From what I've read about the game, it requires a lot of grinding and I can only take so much. But thanks to Starmen.net, I got a patch that makes the monsters give you twice as much experience and money. If I like the game enough, I may try it without the patch...but for now, I'm cheating. Because I only have so much patience for grinding and I'm going to be honest about it.
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Postby Lucas » Sat Feb 21, '09, 12:33 pm

I'm playing both Xenosaga Episode II again and Final Fantasy XII. I keep switching between the two games.

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Darkil » Mon Feb 23, '09, 10:27 pm

Currently I'm engrossed with Dragon Quest V : Hand of the Heavenly Bride. But right before that I was playing TES IV : Oblivion.
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Postby Lemina » Tue Feb 24, '09, 12:27 am

I so want to play Dragon Quest V! I was going to get it the other day, but I knew that I would be way too engrossed in it, so I passed. Instead, I got Mario Kart Wii! It's more fun than I thought it'd be. I'm impressed!

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Postby Atlinsmere » Tue Feb 24, '09, 1:30 am

Currently, I am playing;
Fatal Labyrinth (Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection)
Beyond Oasis (Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection)
Mirror's Edge (Hard Mode)
Wai Xing Zhan Shi (SNES Emulator, PSIV Pirate Version)
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby pitohui » Tue Feb 24, '09, 4:30 pm

[quote="Tsunami":*]Finished Dragon Warrior III! I gave myself a challenge sometime ago, to beat the game with the Hero and three fighters[/quote:*]

Try a solo hero run. :) I did one a few years back and it was a lot of fun. Abuse the Noh Mask and you're as good as gold.

I'm playing ゲームセンターCX:有野の挑戦状 (or, Retro Game Challenge) and it's beyond awesome. I'm almost through all of the games (I'll be 100% clear after I finish Guadia Quest), and just in time for the sequel, which comes out on Thursday.

I'm also waiting for my English copy of DQV. I finished up the Japanese version in August, but am excited to play the game for the first time in English. 17 years is too long a wait.
pitohui
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Achievements: 14

Postby Lucas » Thu Feb 26, '09, 7:55 am

Now playing SNK vs. Capcom: SVC Chaos on my PS2 and totally owning all of the characters with Shin Akuma except for Red Arremer he is so hard.

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Wolf Bird » Fri Feb 27, '09, 4:43 pm

Well, I finished Mother last night. It was very short, but I'm okay with that. It was totally worth it, and maybe in the future I'll do it without the easy patch. It's kind of nice to have Earthbound's back story, and FINALLY hear the source of Ness and Lucas' victory theme in Brawl...though I wish it had stayed the Earth's Melody for Ness, at least, and maybe the Mother 3 Love theme (or a variant of it) for Lucas. Meta Knight has a different victory theme from the other Kirby characters, so I know they can do different themes for characters from the same franchise. But I digress.

So now...playing Earthbound again, since I imagine I may appreciate it on a new level. But this time, I might mix it up a little. I might try some of Starmen.net's challenges in the game, such as getting all the rare (or 1/128) item drops, buying the house west of Onett before proceeding to Twoson, getting the T-Rex bat before Jeff leaves Winters, either get or avoid all the photo man locations (when possible)...stuff like that. At least some of these challenges play into each other.

After this I'm sure I'll play Mother 3 again, since my boyfriend should soon be getting the handbook.

Wolf Bird

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming