What are you currently playing?

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Postby Thoul » Sat Nov 10, '07, 2:11 am

I have that translation... I've been meaning to play it, but never got around to it.

Lately, I've been working on Tales of Phantasia for GBA, since it was recommended on here. Great fun, though there was one part that kind of annoyed me.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Tsunami » Sat Nov 10, '07, 4:28 am

Thoul wrote:I have that translation... I've been meaning to play it, but never got around to it.
It's not a bad game, though after playing through this (already close to the end) and looking online a little, I've realised that I missed many things!

Personally, I prefer SO2 over this since the battle system has more to it and many of the characters have something useful about them. But in SO1, I'm finding that only a few are any good (I got a few characters that looked interesting at the time, but aren't that great), and I missed a character that would've gotten me a nice item!

After finishing it, I'll give it another shot since I'll know what I'm doing this time around. :mrgreen:
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby SparkyIII » Sat Nov 10, '07, 9:28 am

My current game is Age of Empires 3, I think I'll get the 2nd expansion soon. But I want Starcraft 2 so bad right now!
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Heikabuchi » Sat Nov 10, '07, 10:41 am

Replaying PS3. =]
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 42

Postby hugues » Sun Nov 11, '07, 2:06 am

Over the summer I played through GTA: Vice City. Saw it used at Gamestop for $6 and figured I'd give it a try since I'm a sucker for 80s themed things. I had a lot of late night conference calls this year (kinda comes with the territory in an IT job) and I'd fire it up while on them as a form of therapy.

I just started Ys VI for the PS2 which is OK so far. In the first part of the game you're playing "message boy" for a pair of sisters, kinda annoying. I hope it picks up but will probably play through it either way (there will always be some off-hour phone calls to deal with).
hugues
Android
Android

Achievements: 32

Postby Heikabuchi » Mon Nov 12, '07, 2:27 am

Halo 2!!! <3
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 42

Postby LordShibas » Tue Nov 13, '07, 12:58 am

Thoul wrote:I have that translation... I've been meaning to play it, but never got around to it.

Lately, I've been working on Tales of Phantasia for GBA, since it was recommended on here. Great fun, though there was one part that kind of annoyed me.

I just finished that not too long ago Thoul. It's pretty good, but has some annoying things in it as you said. I wrote a review for it if you want to check it out.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadva ... 19303.html

Don't mind a few misspellings >_<
LordShibas
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 9

Postby SparkyIII » Tue Nov 13, '07, 1:21 am

R-Type Final PS2.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Thoul » Tue Nov 13, '07, 2:16 am

hugues wrote:I just started Ys VI for the PS2 which is OK so far. In the first part of the game you're playing "message boy" for a pair of sisters, kinda annoying. I hope it picks up but will probably play through it either way (there will always be some off-hour phone calls to deal with).

Is that the Ark of whatchamacallit game? I've been wanting to get that one. Ys has always interested me, but the only game I've actually played was Ys III on SNES.

LordShibas wrote:
Thoul wrote:Lately, I've been working on Tales of Phantasia for GBA, since it was recommended on here. Great fun, though there was one part that kind of annoyed me.

I just finished that not too long ago Thoul. It's pretty good, but has some annoying things in it as you said. I wrote a review for it if you want to check it out.

Great job on the review. :) You nailed my impressions of the game exactly. Everything from the muffled voices to the controls and the R button to no one knowing why they were fighting each other.; it's all right on the money.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby lee » Tue Nov 13, '07, 2:44 am

I'm currently playing Hot Shots Tennis. It's like Hot Shots Golf except the sport is Tennis.
lee
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Achievements: 7

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming