What are you currently playing? Part 2

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Re: What are you currently playing? Part 2

Postby Thoul » Tue Jul 8, '14, 3:29 am

I'm playing Skyrim now. Actually bought it a couple of years ago, but never got around to playing it until a couple of weeks ago. So far it's mostly fun, lots of the world to explore. I'm thinking about starting over though, because I kind of broke the difficulty by building up my crafting skills and the equipment from them too easily.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Wolf Bird » Tue Jul 8, '14, 3:35 am

Have you tried changing the difficulty? I haven't played it in a while, but I think I remember you can toggle the difficulty level.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Thoul » Tue Jul 8, '14, 3:56 am

Yeah, I upped it one level, but that didn't make any noticeable difference. I may knock it a few notches higher and see how that does.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Wolf Bird » Sat Jul 12, '14, 3:42 am

Started Lone Survivor the past couple days, after beating Flower (which was good, but had far more issues than Thatgamecompany's previous title flOw, which I loved enough to 100%). Lone Survivor is a 2D survival-horror game set in an unnamed city in a post-pandemic world. You're a survivor, trapped in his apartment building, running out of supplies, and you have to get out and find out what exactly happened. The cool thing I like in this game is the mental health attribute, and different things you do affect your mental health, and your mental health affects the ending you get and some other bonuses. While trying to advance, your character may get hungry (which you solve by eating, and you can cook/combine food…and some foods are bad, and lower your mental health). You may also get tired, which you can solve by sleeping (which also saves the game) or taking the 'red pill', which makes him stay awake longer but lowers mental health. The game has 2 other pills you can take. The blue pill will give you more ammo when you wake up from sleep, but also reduce your mental health. There's the green pill that gives you food and batteries when you awaken from sleep, with no effect on mental health. It's an interesting game, but it's also REALLY hard to get just about anywhere without a guide. The game does not give you much help. Which may help for a survival experience, but it can be difficult to approach.
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Postby S4Blade » Sat Jul 12, '14, 5:12 am

Wolf Bird I remember seeing Lone Survivor on Steam before. I thought it looked pretty cool. I never did end up getting it. Does it have the atmosphere of a survival horror game?
Currently Playing: Nothing

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 39

Postby Wolf Bird » Sat Jul 12, '14, 1:34 pm

It does. I think what enhances it is that your character is clearly going a little crazy from the start, because he's one of the few left and the situation is inherently stressful.

Wolf Bird

Postby Prince Rhys 83 » Thu Jul 17, '14, 2:45 am

Last weekend, I started getting back into Phantasy Star Portable 2. At first when I played, it was kind of rough and I couldn't get past the second chapter cause I was using too much brute force against the boss, but I refined my technique and was able to get past. Then my skill started coming back and I made it through to the end of the game. Now stuck on figuring out how to beat Dark Falz without being meteor'd to death. Hmm...
Prince Rhys 83
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Achievements: 27

Postby Atlinsmere » Thu Jul 17, '14, 7:03 am

I am currently playing Unturned, a free to play game on Steam. Take Minecraft and cross it with Day Z and you get this game. The sad thing is, despite how new this game is, it is a lot better than Day Z. Been playing with friends having a blast. We are in the process of creating a base camp.

Fun Fact: Unturned was created by a 16 year old Canadian.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Aeroprism » Thu Jul 17, '14, 2:49 pm

Skyrim... I think I have close to 500 hours on there.Thoul, if you play on PC, try to mod your Skyrim using "Skyrim Redone". It replaces the whole
combat/AI/leveling system, making Skyrim a lot more fun and challenging.

I recently bought Might and Magic X, being an old hardcore fan of the series. I am so far enjoying this bug-riddled, terribly optimized game a lot.
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 95

Postby Thoul » Thu Jul 17, '14, 9:27 pm

Yeah, I'm playing on PC off the Steam version. I've seen some mentions of Skyrim Redone around the mod sites and might give a try. I wanted to get a feel for the base system before I started looking at a major mod like that, but I think I'm getting to that point already. I'm not quite ready to start a new character just yet though, but I'll definitely look into it more when I do get to that.
Last edited by Thoul on Sat Jul 19, '14, 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: typo!
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming