What are you currently playing? Part 2

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Re: What are you currently playing? Part 2

Postby S4Blade » Tue May 6, '14, 11:27 pm

I actually couldn't get into PSP2. I was really excited to play it, but I think my mind was too set in the ways that PSP played, and I just didn't like the changes in PSP2. The same thing happened with PS0 on DS. I just couldn't get into it after playing PSP. PS0 is much worse though. It has one of the worst inventory/skill systems I've ever seen. Which is a shame because the Action Palette in PSP is beyond awesome. Not sure why they didn't just use that again.

The higher ranked missions with Dulk Fakis are pretty tough. Especially S ranked. He even has another form in the S ranked mission. I had a ton of fun playing through the hard missions after the Story Missions concluded. I recommend checking them out, but if it's not your cup of tea then so be it.

Congrats on beating Helga and Dulk Fakis. The ending isn't very great, but the journey was more than worth it IMO.

The horrible party AI you speak of is palpable. The best thing is that your party members come back to life after they die, so they end up not being a very big problem. It's almost like the developers knew that the AI was terrible, so they made it so they come back to life to appease you.

The party AI is so predictable that you can use it to your advantage. I found that my party members made great meat shields, and they were perfect for springing traps for me. You just have to know how to utilize them LOL.
Last edited by S4Blade on Tue May 6, '14, 11:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Currently Playing: Nothing

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 39

Postby Prince Rhys 83 » Wed May 7, '14, 1:54 am

I even looked up a guide to the good ending for PSP, and it seems like there's an unknown amount of deviation from the "perfect" answers involved. The good ending seems to be the canon, and I know I'll be getting into PSP2 because it's the multiplayer function I've been aiming for all this time. PSP1 only has ad-hoc, and there's no one around here with any of this stuff, lol. Missions and challenge and story are great, but I want multiplayer just like in the old days of PSO episode 1 and 2 and Blue Burst. I want to get back at it where I feel like I'm part of a community, however small. Single player gaming just doesn't cater to me the way it used to. You get excited and all, but who do you have to show it off to? I like to kick butt and I like to do it together. :P

It kinda has me bummed cause I wanted the best ending before I move on. Maybe I'll just end up watching it on Youtube and then just beginning the second game and looking for partners to team up with. I don't care if I have to be the host, I know how to open ports in my router and get things going. I'm looking forward to it.
Prince Rhys 83
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Achievements: 27

Postby S4Blade » Wed May 7, '14, 2:13 am

I do most of my multiplayer gaming on my PC. Do you play PC games? Well I guess so if you play Blue Burst.
Last edited by S4Blade on Wed May 7, '14, 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Postby Prince Rhys 83 » Wed May 7, '14, 5:03 am

I've done a lot of PC gaming, the only reason I'm back on console is cause of the PSU series. I was always curious about it for a long time and I'm glad I finally checked it out. Better late than never. PSP2 sounds like it has some interesting changes, and I'll be able to get used to the new combat mechanics cause that's just how I play games. :) Hopefully there's a good few people I'll be able to party up with.
Prince Rhys 83
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Postby S4Blade » Wed May 7, '14, 12:43 pm

Do you play any MMOs? or MMORPGs?
Last edited by S4Blade on Wed May 7, '14, 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Postby Prince Rhys 83 » Wed May 7, '14, 3:18 pm

Oh, I used to play plenty, but you know what I'm playing now. ;) I was big on Runescape and Perfect World back in the day. RS has a lot of my memories, the music, the quests, just the overall gameplay. PW, same thing. I've played other games too. But I've been getting more and more of a feeling to stay away from them. Phantasy Star, I don't feel the same way about. Well, I started a male Hunter CAST in PSP. Hopefully I can get the good ending before I get my copy of PSP2. :D
Prince Rhys 83
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Postby S4Blade » Wed May 7, '14, 10:45 pm

You are starting over with a new character in PSP? or can you jump in with another character and have the same missions cleared already? I've only stuck to one character both times I've played. PSP isn't an MMO, it's more of an action RPG. There is a big difference.

I have played most fantasy based MMOs. Free to play, subscription, you name it. I know what you mean about trying to stay away from them because it's hard to invest so much time into them, but there are quite a few that I would like to go back and play again.

I've played Perfect World before, and several other Perfect World games. I played Perfect World really late in its life cycle so it didn't impress me all that much, but I had an okay time with it. I still remember my first trip to Archosaur. The town was so enormous that it completely blew my mind.

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Postby Prince Rhys 83 » Thu May 8, '14, 2:10 am

I started over with a new character. The other option is the copy/start option from the clear data you get, but all that does is make a copy of the character you already had to start over with. Not sure if there's any other perks. I just wanted to get the good ending before I play PSP2. Technically, PSP can be called "multiplayer online," it's just not massive, like hundreds of thousands of people.
Prince Rhys 83
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Postby S4Blade » Thu May 8, '14, 11:51 am

I guess it could be considered that, but I would say PSP2 is more "multiplayer online" since it has infrastructure support, and PSP just has Ad-hoc.

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Postby Prince Rhys 83 » Thu May 8, '14, 7:13 pm

So what's up with people using the PS3 to connect ad-hoc to people for PSP? Would be pretty cool to party up on that cause I have a PS3.
Prince Rhys 83
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming