What are you currently playing? Part 2

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Re: What are you currently playing? Part 2

Postby Flames of Yagami » Sun Oct 27, '19, 6:48 pm

Currently doing a 2nd full run of Nier: Automata while waiting for Red Dead Redemption II to release on PC next week (having already played it on PS4 Pro, I’m excited to experience it again at 1440p144Hz).

I completed my first playthrough of Nier just a few weeks ago, but I loved the game enough to start over almost immediately after. Not many games have hooked me like that; the Batman: Arkham series and RDRII are some of the only other ones that come to mind.
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 212

Postby myau56 » Mon Oct 28, '19, 11:24 am

Actually it's a lot Radiant Historia, Perfect Chronology on my 3DS ! This game is so fantastic !!!
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby R-90-2 » Sat Nov 16, '19, 1:09 am

So, I've been playing the Steam re-release of Romancing SaGa 3 (because of course I would), and between this and Romancing SaGa 2 I'm beginning to fully understand exactly how unfinished SaGa Frontier really was, because compared to some of the complex systems in the SNES games SaGa Frontier feels pretty... bare-bones. Like there are a ton more weapon types each with their own associated learnable techs, and even more quirky party members.

And on top of that, there's a Yakuza-style capital investment maxigame where you can take time out from unlocking the mystery of the Abyss Gates and the Death Eclipse to build a business empire.

And on top of that, there's an optional boss fight where you have to go ride eternal, all shiny and chrome-

WITNESS ME
Do not say: How is it that former times were better than these? For it is not out of wisdom that you ask about this. Ecclesiastes 7:10
ImageImageImageImage
R-90-2
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 78

Postby myau56 » Sun Nov 17, '19, 12:28 pm

I've also played again Advance Wars Dark Conflict (the name in europe !: But I know that in the US it's Days of Ruin !:)).
Alaways fantastic !!! And so many maps I've never done ! And it's now more than 190 hours of play !!! Fantastic ! :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby MrKite » Thu Jan 23, '20, 1:55 am

Super Mario All-Stars. Been in a Mario mood ever since I bought this Nintendo compilation on a vinyl record that the included Mario comic book was an important element of.
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Postby myau56 » Thu Jan 23, '20, 11:53 am

Currently playing Root Letter on Vita ! Great game too ! :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby R-90-2 » Tue Mar 10, '20, 7:51 pm

Currently playing a couple of things.

Been playing World of Horror, a horror visual novel-RPG-Adventure game rendered in stunning 2-bit graphics, and I'm only half joking. The thing is strongly inspired by a mix of Junji Ito and HP Lovecraft, leaning a bit more towards the former than the latter. Even at this current stage, it's gameplay-complete, and the random mystery pool and Old God conditions make things pretty neat. I've had one successful run at the game so far, with my investigator coming out the other end with a bit of the Innsmouth look and a nagging feeling that people could be tasty now and again, but all's well that ends well, right?

I'd like to give a content warning for disturbing stuff and general messed-uppedness, but I think that "Junji Ito" is description enough for at least some of you, and whether that's an invitation or a warning is up to the reader.

The second is the Langrisser I & II remake. Despite the new look, the basic gameplay principles of the series still apply, but I'll have more to say once I'm finished.
Do not say: How is it that former times were better than these? For it is not out of wisdom that you ask about this. Ecclesiastes 7:10
ImageImageImageImage
R-90-2
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 78

Postby MrKite » Wed Mar 11, '20, 11:30 pm

Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Postby myau56 » Thu Mar 12, '20, 11:47 am

I'm currently playing Radiant Historia Perfect Chronology ! I'm now at an outstanding 1h and 15 minutes ! Still a great game ! Very very great ! ;)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby Wolf Bird » Sat Mar 14, '20, 1:56 pm

I have been pretty stressed out lately (and now my school is closing for at least two weeks due to Covid-19) and when the stress hits, I fall back on games that I know intimately. So, Okami and Spyro. Okami, I got a Japanese import Switch cart at PAX, so that's super cool and gives an excuse to play it again despite having it downloaded all the time on my Switch anyway. And also on PS4, which has HDR and 4K support as we have a Pro. I've also still got it on PC, though so far untouched and my PC is currently not hooked up due to apartment rearrangement, and there's a monitor issue to solve. I started a run on Switch again, but I may still do a PS4 run too.

For Spyro...well, again, I have it on everything. My brother is borrowing my Switch cart, but I went and bought it on eShop anyway, again, to easily have everywhere since the Switch is portable. But I have it on PS4 too. I think for that, since these games are short, I may play them a lot to get practice for doing some challenge runs, and stream them on Twitch or in discord servers or something, probably on PS4 or maybe PC, but I feel like I can find settings I like that also don't have annoying frame rate related bugs that remain, to my knowledge, unpatched.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming