What are you currently playing? Part 2

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Re: What are you currently playing? Part 2

Postby R-90-2 » Tue Oct 9, '18, 2:19 pm

Currently playing Nights of Azure, an action RPG by Gust, the developers of the Atelier series.

It's like if someone took a look at Chaos Legion's gameplay and went: "Well, this could've been done better." And like Chaos Legion, people seem to love or hate this thingamajig. The gameplay is at least inoffensive and workable though not spectacular, and it has a really strong soundtrack that's part Castlevania and part Guilty Gear, so I'm going to be seeing this thing through.
Do not say: How is it that former times were better than these? For it is not out of wisdom that you ask about this. Ecclesiastes 7:10
ImageImageImageImage
R-90-2
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 78

Postby Wolf Bird » Tue Oct 23, '18, 12:12 am

Can someone please explain to me why the heck I'm doing breeding in Pokemon Moon to create a whole new team of perfect (5 IV) fire-types with some hidden abilities to put into Ultra Sun, which I'm about half way through? Why did I do this?

I have now at least done it, but now I have to grind them up before I port them over.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby myau56 » Tue Oct 23, '18, 11:20 am

Currently playing Project X Zone on 3ds ! I've found it recently ! Must finish the first too but the second one is as great as the first ! :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Nov 10, '18, 10:13 pm

Thinking of playing some of the old classic games now through the holidays and winter. I will probably add in some Super Mario, Zelda, Mega Man, etc. I still enjoy the old classic games as much or better than some of the newer games.
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby myau56 » Sun Nov 11, '18, 12:33 pm

Playing Bravely Second on 3ds too ! But maybe I'll try to finish the first one...first ! ;) :lol:
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby R-90-2 » Sun Nov 11, '18, 9:10 pm

Currently playing couple of things.

First is replaying Emerald Dragon (yeah, I know, again), and I consider it prof that sometimes it's the little things that can make a game. Like how Atrushan starts with a world map, but it has no towns or other important locations marked on it because the last time that dragons were in Ishbahn were 2000 years ago, so the map is hopelessly out of date. The only time something is marked on the map is when someone else tells you where it is.

The second thing I'm playing is the Final Fantasy IV Ultima romhack, which is actually made for the FFII(US) version of FFIV. Edge is no longer garbage, a lot of characters get new toys, and many of the bosses are vaguely but noticeably harder, but not terribly so, and most of the new bosses are pretty great- in fact, I think that the first new boss in the Lunar Subterrane should've been in the main game.
Last edited by R-90-2 on Sun Nov 11, '18, 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do not say: How is it that former times were better than these? For it is not out of wisdom that you ask about this. Ecclesiastes 7:10
ImageImageImageImage
R-90-2
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Postby R-90-2 » Thu Mar 14, '19, 9:35 pm

Gone back to Dark Souls 2 to clear out the DLC bosses and then finally beat the game, and just finished off Crown of the Old Iron King by beating Sir Alonne, recorded for your convenience.

One of the things about Sir Alonne's theme is that yes, those are actual lyrics. And in the Dark Souls tradition of hiding that stuff out of direct sight, those lyrics contain lore.
ImageImageImageImage
R-90-2
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Postby myau56 » Fri Mar 15, '19, 11:53 am

I'm currently playing again Star Ocean 2 on mt old PSP ! At last I'm playing again on PSP ! It was a long time ago last time I've played it ! :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby Wolf Bird » Sat Mar 16, '19, 9:45 am

Most of game energy is in Pokémon Ruby, but sometimes I’ll just randomly immerse myself in Fire Emblem Awakening for hours on end. I’m still not huge on tactical combat (I don’t hate it but I am definitely not like...over the moon for it), but I do enjoy the story and characters enough to make up for that. Enough I picked up Fates, and I may start picking up others in the series to go back as I am with Pokémon. I think the original got a DS remake, IIRC, so...yeah.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby myau56 » Sat Mar 16, '19, 11:54 am

Wolf Bird wrote:Most of game energy is in Pokémon Ruby, but sometimes I’ll just randomly immerse myself in Fire Emblem Awakening for hours on end. I’m still not huge on tactical combat (I don’t hate it but I am definitely not like...over the moon for it), but I do enjoy the story and characters enough to make up for that. Enough I picked up Fates, and I may start picking up others in the series to go back as I am with Pokémon. I think the original got a DS remake, IIRC, so...yeah.

Fire Emblem Awakening ? One day I'll try to finish it ! Shame on me...I'm not too far from the end...
I must also finish Fire Emblem Echoes and Fire Emblem fates : Conquest (but for this one, I'm only not far from the begining ! 10 hours of play :))
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming