What are you currently playing? Part 2

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Re: What are you currently playing? Part 2

Postby R-90-2 » Thu Apr 24, '14, 2:59 am

Currently playing Ys Origin. Expect things to come of it.
Do not say: How is it that former times were better than these? For it is not out of wisdom that you ask about this. Ecclesiastes 7:10
ImageImageImageImage
R-90-2
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 78

Postby tilinelson2 » Thu Apr 24, '14, 3:52 pm

myau56 wrote:I'm currently playing a lot of games but one of them is 999 on DS ! I've just recieved it one week ago and it's a Wonder ! A marvelous game ! As is Virtue's Last Reward, the first opus of the Zero escape saga (one of the best video game serie for me now...).
What a game !!!!

I can't understand 999's appeal. Many people recommended it to me as "the best thing ever made", and it ended up being the worst game I have played in years.
A person only sees and hears what he wants to see and hear and disregards the rest.
tilinelson2
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 277

Postby myau56 » Thu Apr 24, '14, 9:05 pm

TILINELSON : WHAT ? Impossible...I can recommend it as "the best thing ever made" ! :) For me it is even if Virtue's Last Reward is Superior but both of them are my favourite games from a very long time :)
Worst game ? impossible... I can understand not to like it, but to find it the worst...
In fact, to all the people here : try this two games, they are so great :) (but yeah there isn't much action but it's that fact that is great !).
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby tilinelson2 » Fri Apr 25, '14, 3:05 am

I didn't say 999 was the worst game ever, but certainly it was the worst game I have played in years (okay, excluding mobile cash-grabs). That from someone who enjoys VNs. I just found the puzzles utterly boring and the plot was good only for a while, then it went downhill quickly.
A person only sees and hears what he wants to see and hear and disregards the rest.
tilinelson2
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 277

Postby myau56 » Fri Apr 25, '14, 9:38 pm

I understand :! I know that it wasn't the worst game you've ever played but ..from someone who enjoyed VNs ? You mean Visual Novels ?? So that is very strange ! I'm a big fan of Visual Novels too and I love this game ! :) But I'm sure that it's impossible to love all the games !
Did you ever tried Virtue's Last Reward ?
Mobile cash grabs ? What do you mean by that ? :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby Wolf Bird » Fri May 2, '14, 5:18 am

Most of my gaming energy now is going into Gex: Enter the Gecko which I got on PSN when it was part of the flash sale a couple weekends ago. I had a demo of it on a demo disc back in the day, but never actually played the full game. So I figured, why not? I'm enjoying it. I think a colorful, silly, old-school 3-D platformer to be great for finals season. Perfect escapism.

Sometimes I'm also still booting up Tokyo Jungle, but its story mode is loose at best and the game is basically built around the survival mode rogue-like.

I'm hoping over the summer I'll be able to narrow down how many games/replays I have going on. I really should eventually focus on BioShock and get past the FPS thing.

But of course, an EarthBound 1/128 item run takes a LONG TIME to do.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Bragatyr » Fri May 2, '14, 2:54 pm

I'm playing the much...debated Hybrid Heaven on N64. A lot of people hate it, and some people love it, so I figured I'd give it a shot. It's kind of bad so far, but the combat is definitely interesting, so I'm going to stick with it for a little while longer.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 65

Postby Hukos » Fri May 2, '14, 9:21 pm

A game I've beaten several times already, but Seiken Densetsu 3. It's definitely one of my favorite SNES games (Just behind Castlevania 4 and Mario World) and I'm still somewhat miffed that it never made it to the states.
I feel the way you would
Hukos
Android
Android

Achievements: 41

Postby Prince Rhys 83 » Sat May 3, '14, 8:26 am

A few weeks ago, I jumped on the Phantasy Star Universe train (all late I know, pretty much no online servers left for the series), and I'm playing the second game in the series on the PSP, Phantasy Star Portable.
Prince Rhys 83
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Achievements: 27

Postby myau56 » Sat May 3, '14, 11:58 am

Prince Rhys 83 wrote:A few weeks ago, I jumped on the Phantasy Star Universe train (all late I know, pretty much no online servers left for the series), and I'm playing the second game in the series on the PSP, Phantasy Star Portable.

Nice choice ! I've got the game and even if I haven't played it a lot, it's a good game : have fun playing it !
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming