What are you currently playing? Part 2

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Re: What are you currently playing? Part 2

Postby Schala Zeal » Tue Jul 5, '16, 3:49 am

Tokyo Mirage Sessions is a blast so far! It's a little like a less deep Persona, with idols. Story's silly, but the battle is a blast and the visuals and sound are great!
Schala Zeal
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 21

Postby Schala Zeal » Tue Aug 16, '16, 1:54 am

So I dropped #FE after around 10 hours of it. It wasn't bad, but once the novelty wore off, it was kind of like a watered down Persona. And I would rather just play Persona then, in that case.

Currently playing Dragon Quest IX, Earthbound, and the Sims 3. :>
Schala Zeal
Guardian
Guardian

Postby Wolf Bird » Wed Aug 17, '16, 2:25 am

Schala Zeal wrote:Currently playing...Earthbound

Good. :yes:

Taking a break from Overwatch as I hit a bit of burnout. Plus the last balance patch really did a number on poor Mercy, though Blizzard confirmed she's one of 2 characters being looked at for near-future buffs, and playing her is very difficult right now for many reasons. Plus scaling Zenyatta back - he needed buffs, but the last patch went way too far on him.

With any luck some balance will be done in tomorrow's patch. Edit: Nope, just a bug fix. At least there was a post about a new PTR possibly going up, so maybe hope...

So I'm focusing on my grounded run of The Last of Us. I am at the dam in the fall chapter. It is haaaarrrrd, but fun.
Last edited by Wolf Bird on Wed Aug 17, '16, 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Lemina » Thu Sep 1, '16, 7:54 pm

Wolf Bird wrote:
Schala Zeal wrote:Currently playing...Earthbound

Good. :yes:

I like that reaction. XDD I need to get through Earthbound too. It's so cute! It's so funny! Then after Earthbound, Mother 3 on my VBA. :] Are they releasing that one in the States? I thought I heard that they were thinking about it, but maybe I was dreaming.

Speaking of emulation, Schala up there bought me an xbox controller for use with Windows, so my emulation experience has suddenly become much better. I wanted to get through Crusader of Centy, and I think the controller will help me do that. Also, FE 6 [english patched of course]! I'll be entertained for a bit.

More stuff to get through: Wind Waker HD. Just got a hold of that one! :D It is beautiful!

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Postby Wolf Bird » Fri Sep 2, '16, 9:53 pm

Lemina wrote:I like that reaction. XDD I need to get through Earthbound too. It's so cute! It's so funny! Then after Earthbound, Mother 3 on my VBA. :] Are they releasing that one in the States? I thought I heard that they were thinking about it, but maybe I was dreaming.

The most I have heard are rumors that maybe it'll finally a get a VC release for its 10 year anniversary. I'd love it, for sure, but I have my doubts and I won't believe it until I see it reported from a reliable source.

As for me, back into Overwatch, burnout passed. And yesterday, a new patch from the PTR hit the live servers, with competitive season 2 now live. I may even try out the ranked mode this time around, especially since YAY, the patch includes a Mercy buff and scaling back of some of her fellow support heroes who were outclassing the rest. Also a new map to learn and some new cosmetic things to unlock (of course I instantly spent some in-game credits on the new things for Mercy, lol). It probably helps I have since joined a small community and have some great, nice people to consistently play with.
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Postby Schala Zeal » Sun Sep 4, '16, 12:39 am

@Wolf Bird: Your burnout passes fast! I just got over my Fire Emblem burnout, lol.

Currently juggling:
    House in Fata Morgana: Awesome so far. Absolutely awesome. Most compelling visual novel I've played in years.
    Fire Emblem: Revelations: Chapter 11, I think. I love the idea of the story, but it's so poorly executed. Still, the characters are cute, and the gameplay is phenomenal.
    Dragon Quest IX: Still early game. Slow going game so far, but I really enjoy it.
    Earthbound: So, there's a pack of enemies that inflicts the mushroom status effect on me. I don't know whether I should try and speed past them, or if I should farm experience. Stuck on that dilemma, I put it down for a bit.
    The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker: I got it because of its price drop and my Prime preorder discount. HD! Much wow! So amaze! ...Seriously, this game looks great. I really missed that combat system too. :glares at Twilight Princess:
Schala Zeal
Guardian
Guardian

Postby Lemina » Tue Sep 6, '16, 7:13 pm

Wolf Bird wrote:
Lemina wrote:I like that reaction. XDD I need to get through Earthbound too. It's so cute! It's so funny! Then after Earthbound, Mother 3 on my VBA. :] Are they releasing that one in the States? I thought I heard that they were thinking about it, but maybe I was dreaming.

The most I have heard are rumors that maybe it'll finally a get a VC release for its 10 year anniversary. I'd love it, for sure, but I have my doubts and I won't believe it until I see it reported from a reliable source.

Yeah, I think that's the rumor I heard. I've got my fingers crossed! Did they release Mother 1 in English? I should look into that one too, but Mother 3 really has my eye. If only I could understand JP! :x Me and my laziness.

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Postby Wolf Bird » Tue Sep 6, '16, 8:25 pm

Lemina wrote:Yeah, I think that's the rumor I heard. I've got my fingers crossed! Did they release Mother 1 in English? I should look into that one too, but Mother 3 really has my eye. If only I could understand JP! :x Me and my laziness.

Yes, the original is out on the WiiU eShop.

Wolf Bird

Postby Snorb » Wed Sep 7, '16, 5:11 am

Right now I'm playing Super Smash Bros. For 3DS on my 2DS. It's making me wish I had the money to put down for a Wii U right now. (I'm also playing Fire Emblem: Awakening, but I might restart that in hopes of pairing off my character with someone else. Long story.)

On the PC front, I'm still playing Star Trek Online, which had the 50th anniversary expansion, Agents of Yesterday, come out last month (and finally, FINALLY, added the Kelvin Timeline Constitution class, but that still costs $$$, as do the Odyssey and the NX.)

I'm also playing Stardew Valley, a nice Harvest Moon-like game. My farmer's happily married, and now I'm waiting for the version 1.1 patch where more goodies come out!

Sadly, I've strayed a bit from my promise of "Guys, as soon as Final Fantasy IX comes out on Steam, you people are never gonna see me again" but that's okay; I should pick that up again. (I'm just killing time until Need to Know and Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour come out.)
Last edited by Snorb on Wed Sep 7, '16, 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Postby MrKite » Wed Oct 19, '16, 6:23 pm

Avengers Academy on the iPad.
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming