What are you currently playing? Part 2

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Re: What are you currently playing? Part 2

Postby R-90-2 » Sat Jan 4, '14, 4:12 pm

Playing the Genesis version of Ys III: Wanderers from Ys.
Do not say: How is it that former times were better than these? For it is not out of wisdom that you ask about this. Ecclesiastes 7:10
ImageImageImageImage
R-90-2
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 78

Postby Wolf Bird » Mon Feb 17, '14, 5:56 pm

Since I finished Ratchet & Clank, yesterday I started up The Last of Us. I rather like the slightly different take on the zombie-ish apocalypse going on (instead of the undead, now it's a mutated strain of a parasitic Cordyceps fungus) and the gameplay was good, from what I played. I stopped right after I got the mission to smuggle Ellie out of Boston, which seems like it's going to lead into the main game pretty soon. Most of what I played felt like a tutorial, so I'm looking forward to getting to the good stuff.

I've also finally come pretty close to exhausting the side missions in Mass Effect, at least as far as I can tell, so maybe I'll actually advance the main story on that.
Last edited by Wolf Bird on Mon Feb 17, '14, 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby myau56 » Mon Feb 17, '14, 9:11 pm

I am currently playing Bravely Default on my beloved 3DS ! know that I have already spoken about it before BUT this game is truly fantastic ! And everyone here MUST listen to its Original SoundTrack which is fantastic too ! One of the best I've ever heard ! Try to take an "auditive look" on youtube, it's so great !! :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Bragatyr » Mon Feb 17, '14, 11:49 pm

I would love to play Bravely Default, myau, especially for the soundtrack, but I don't have a 3DS. I totally gotta correct that at some point. But anyway, I'm playing Fire Emblem, for the Game Boy Advance. When I beat that one I think I'm gonna play Hybrid Heaven.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 65

Postby myau56 » Tue Feb 18, '14, 10:07 pm

Bragatyr wrote:I would love to play Bravely Default, myau, especially for the soundtrack, but I don't have a 3DS. I totally gotta correct that at some point. But anyway, I'm playing Fire Emblem, for the Game Boy Advance. When I beat that one I think I'm gonna play Hybrid Heaven.

Sorry about not having a 3DS because this game is so great ! :( But if you can listen at the OST, try it ! It's truly highly fantastic !
But Fire Emblem is great too ! I still have to finish the 3DS Fire Emblem awakening (taht is monstruous too !) and plenty of others FE on my gba :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby tilinelson2 » Tue Feb 18, '14, 10:44 pm

I am not very excited for Bravely Default, but probably will get some day. FE: Awakening was cool, the best 3DS game I have played (I haven't played many to date, to be honest, because PS Vita rules my gaming life).

Currently, I am near the end of Luminous Arc 2. Simple, but interesting SRPG. The story is a mess, but the characters are likable too. Some witches are pretty and cool :p
Last edited by tilinelson2 on Tue Feb 18, '14, 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A person only sees and hears what he wants to see and hear and disregards the rest.
tilinelson2
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 277

Postby myau56 » Wed Feb 19, '14, 9:17 pm

TILI : You HAVE to play Bravely Default, it's an order ! ^^ : and FE awakening is indeed one of the best 3DS games (but there are many ... ;) ).
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby Wolf Bird » Mon Apr 21, '14, 2:37 pm

Finish one game, start others. One of the games available on the PSN flash sale this past weekend was Tokyo Jungle. Now, I had never heard of this game until this weekend, which is no surprise, as it's a few years old, was released as a disc only in Japan and was brought over as digital-only to the US on PSN. I'm SAD I had never heard of this game, because this game is basically one of my "I wish this game existed!" games. It is an animal simulator. For the longest time I had been wanting to see SOMEONE basically make a game where you are an animal and you do animal things. Well, this game is basically that. Humans have somehow vanished from Tokyo, leaving feral pets and escaped zoo animals roaming the streets. There are two modes: survival and story. Survival is essentially a rogue-like. You pick an animal (you start with two, and can unlock a good number more, plus there are some available as DLC, and you have predators and grazers), and you just take off. Individuals live for 15 in-game years, and within that time frame, you must breed to keep going. You'll receive random challenges and objectives to complete along the way, and you play until you die. You have to eat to live, and it also increases your rank, which you need in order to mate with higher-quality individuals to give the next generation a better bonus. Some areas will be toxic from pollution, and of course, other animals may try to hunt and kill you. Completing some objectives in survival mode unlocks new bits of the story mode, and there are also random collectibles you can find.

Yeah, I was enjoying this a lot last night. My boyfriend and I were passing the controller back and forth for a few hours.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby myau56 » Mon Apr 21, '14, 8:55 pm

I'm currently playing a lot of games but one of them is 999 on DS ! I've just recieved it one week ago and it's a Wonder ! A marvelous game ! As is Virtue's Last Reward, the first opus of the Zero escape saga (one of the best video game serie for me now...).
What a game !!!!
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby S4Blade » Mon Apr 21, '14, 10:10 pm

Wolf Bird wrote:Finish one game, start others. One of the games available on the PSN flash sale this past weekend was Tokyo Jungle. Now, I had never heard of this game until this weekend, which is no surprise, as it's a few years old, was released as a disc only in Japan and was brought over as digital-only to the US on PSN. I'm SAD I had never heard of this game, because this game is basically one of my "I wish this game existed!" games. It is an animal simulator. For the longest time I had been wanting to see SOMEONE basically make a game where you are an animal and you do animal things. Well, this game is basically that. Humans have somehow vanished from Tokyo, leaving feral pets and escaped zoo animals roaming the streets. There are two modes: survival and story. Survival is essentially a rogue-like. You pick an animal (you start with two, and can unlock a good number more, plus there are some available as DLC, and you have predators and grazers), and you just take off. Individuals live for 15 in-game years, and within that time frame, you must breed to keep going. You'll receive random challenges and objectives to complete along the way, and you play until you die. You have to eat to live, and it also increases your rank, which you need in order to mate with higher-quality individuals to give the next generation a better bonus. Some areas will be toxic from pollution, and of course, other animals may try to hunt and kill you. Completing some objectives in survival mode unlocks new bits of the story mode, and there are also random collectibles you can find.

Yeah, I was enjoying this a lot last night. My boyfriend and I were passing the controller back and forth for a few hours.

You should try Goat Simulator. I hear it's pretty bonkers.

Currently Playing: Nothing

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 39

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming