New York Defender - online video game

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

New York Defender - online video game

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Jan 3, '08, 3:16 am

I heard on the news this morning that many people are outraged and very angry about this online video game called " New York Defender ", due to it's ties to the events of 9-11, etc.

Has anyone here ever played this game? What is your opinion of it? If you haven't played it yet, do you think you would or would not play it? Would any significance to the events of 9-11 bother you in playing the game, or not?

It's just a video game, so some might wonder why all the fuss, but I guess the family members of the victims of 9-11 and others affected by the events of that day, etc., may have a right to be upset and angry.

http://wcbstv.com/local/new.york.defender.2.621982.html
Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby SparkyIII » Thu Jan 3, '08, 4:36 am

Meh, a video game which does nothing but cause complaints. How exciting...
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Thoul » Thu Jan 3, '08, 5:46 am

I knew this was bound to be turned into a video game sooner or later, but I was hoping it would be much later. From the article, it sounds like the purpose of the game is to make a political statement, rather than provide a fun gaming experience. It must be pretty boring.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Tsunami » Thu Jan 3, '08, 4:42 pm

Nice... A video game with ties to a tragedy. Is it just me, or are people beating a dead horse when it comes to 9-11? I don't mean to sound cold or anything, but it happened 7 years ago and it's still brought up often enough as it is. Can't we just leave it be, without the constant reminders? Or is it that people, the media in particular, feed off of these traumatising events, dragging it out as long as they can?

While I'm on the subject, they may as well make a game related to hurricane Katrina while they're at it -- imagine the public outcry they'll receieve from it when it hits stores.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Jan 3, '08, 5:56 pm

Tsunami wrote:
While I'm on the subject, they may as well make a game related to hurricane Katrina while they're at it -- imagine the public outcry they'll receieve from it when it hits stores.

Yeah, I'm surprised someone hasn't done this already - made a video game related to Katrina, I mean. Agree about the public's response also. That never fails to stop anyone, though, and sometimes is just fuel for the fire, if ya know what I mean.
Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby SparkyIII » Thu Jan 3, '08, 10:35 pm

The people love to rub the salt in the wounds! XD Lots of people are just a little bit crybabyish about some things. Though I am unnatural happy about the strangest things. lol
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Return to General Gaming