Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, '09, 10:45 pm 
It was at a reasonable price, too. It was $49.99 plus $9.99 shipping fee. Pretty good. It came with two controllers, an arcade stick, some football game and some golf game, an RF adapter and an AC adapter. I already have some SMS carts of my own that I used to play on the Genesis via the Power Base Converter (which I haven't been able to use since I switched to the Model 2 Genesis/CD combo in 2007), but I ended up buying 3 games to go with it:Phantasy Star, Sonic Chaos, and Zillion. I hear that Zillion is compatible with the light gun that was made for it, but do I NEED to use the light gun? Can't I just use the controller?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 1, '10, 6:51 am 
I haven’t played Zillion before but for shooting games the Light gun makes it a lot easier especially when you have moving targets zooming across the screen. I own Shooting Gallery and Wanted on SMS which both require play with the Light gun.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 1, '10, 8:46 pm 
Congratulations on a great buy there, MrKite! :clap:

Sounds like you will be having some gaming fun in the New Year! :proposetoast:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 1, '10, 10:41 pm 
Thanks guys. Oh yeah, there's one game I forgot to mention I also got:Galaxy Force. An nice looking third person view space shooter, but it's REALLY hard (I played the ROM before). I can't get past any of the stages so far. Guess it requires some mastering.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, '10, 2:32 am 
The SMS offered a great deal more variety in Light "Phaser" Gun games than the NES did, and I think overall the quality of the ones it has is much better. My personal favorite in is the Marksman Shooting & Trap Shooting game cart.

Oh, and in case you weren't aware, SMS consoles have anywhere from one to two games built-in. So if you power up your SMS without a game cart or card inserted a game will load up. Most systems have Hang-On, but every hardware revision or prodution run of the system seemed to vary.

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]