Does anyone like The Dirty Pair?

Drawn or CGI, animated movies and shows fit well with the gaming crowd.

Does anyone like The Dirty Pair?

Postby MrKite » Sun Apr 25, '10, 2:40 am

And I'm talking about Classic Dirty Pair, not that God Awful Dirty Pair Flash. This Dirty Pair:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I discovered the Dirty Pair in 2001, but didn't watch anything they were in until a year later when I borrowed the first volume of the OVA from a relative. I got hooked in no time, and I fell in love with Yuri (the one with the blue hair). I thought she was so cute, not to mention super hot (no, I didn't have abnormal sexual fantasies about her or anything, I know she isn't real, and aren't clinically insane like that guy in Japan who wants to legalize real people to be married to fictional characters or anything). Before ADV Films re-dubbed them in 2003, there were already existing english versions of the Dirty Pair movies Affair on Nolandia, Project Eden and Flight 005 Conspiracy. All three of the original english versions were directed by Carl Macek, and as much as I love ADV Films, I thought Macek's version of Project Eden was better. And it's one of my all-time favorite anime movies. Media Blasters is currently dubbing the original 1985 TV series into english for the first time ever, but the release date is unknown.
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Re: Does anyone like The Dirty Pair?

Postby Thoul » Tue Apr 27, '10, 3:45 am

I've never seen any of it. I've heard of it, but never seen anything more than the occasional picture like that one.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby XXXG-00W0 WING-0 » Wed Jun 2, '10, 6:23 pm

Wanna watch it, but I've never found it...
"I'm not an adult... I'M A MAN!!!" Major Ozma Lee--Macross Frontier

You know what not to do because Ceiling Cat is watching you...
XXXG-00W0 WING-0
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 17

Postby Xander » Wed Jun 2, '10, 7:58 pm

You know, I've heard of Dirty Pair before. Never seen anything though. Suppose that's another one to go on the list besides Claymore. :p
"There's nothing wrong with you that I can't fix...with my hands!!"

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 189

Return to Awesome Animation