Weirdest anime?

Drawn or CGI, animated movies and shows fit well with the gaming crowd.

Re: Weirdest anime?

Postby XxEnslavedNekoxX » Wed Jun 24, '09, 2:45 pm

Darkil wrote:Of course Pokemon was always one that was entertaining but odd. Then again it was, and still is, wildly popular so it couldn't have been too off the wall..

Best episodes was the one where James is supposed to marry a girl named Jessebelle and the other one with Pikachu and the bottle of ketchup. I always laugh hardest at those too. :rofl:

I've never seen Shin-chan. I saw pictures of the animation and was turned off.
XxEnslavedNekoxX
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 11

Postby Lemina » Wed Jun 24, '09, 5:36 pm

Yu-Gi-Oh was definitely odd. It involves a deep, emotional story rooted in a trading card game. How congruent is that?

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Postby XxEnslavedNekoxX » Fri Jun 26, '09, 10:18 am

Yeah I only got through the middle of the second season. Work got in the way of me watching it and I couldn't ever count on my mom to tape it for me since she says "Anime is stupid"

Sailor Moon got wierd in the last season. But that's mostly because of the Sailor Starlights.
XxEnslavedNekoxX
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 11

Postby Tweeg » Mon Jun 21, '10, 1:35 am

Since last posting in this thread I got around to watching "Spiral". Makes no sense whatsoever and ends leaving no questions answered. I even rewatched the final episode with the localisation producer and voice actors commentary and even they didn't have a clue what the series was about. Needless to say, said series is no longer in my library, some fellow in Canada bought it off me through GameGavel.

Now though, I'm four volumes into a five volume series by the name of Ghost Stories. Pure hilarity, which truely makes no sense. Really enjoying it though.
WELCOME TO THE NEXT LEVEL --- SEGA
PSO Archive
Tweeg
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 52

Postby Tanith » Tue Jun 22, '10, 1:53 am

Has anyone seen the old Unico movies? Those are really bizarre. They scared me as a kid, but for some reason I watched them, anyway. Here's an example of how freaky weird these movies were:

No disrespect to Tezuka, but this is just bizarre. Imaginative, but bizarre.
Last edited by Tanith on Tue Jun 22, '10, 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Postby Atlinsmere » Tue Jun 22, '10, 5:34 am

I figured I ought to through Durarara (May be called Dulalala). I don't feel like explaining it, but I'm sure a quick google search will tell you why. (Maybe)
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Thoul » Tue Jun 22, '10, 3:11 pm

Tanith wrote:Has anyone seen the old Unico movies? Those are really bizarre. They scared me as a kid, but for some reason I watched them, anyway. Here's an example of how freaky weird these movies were:

I don't recall ever watching any of those movies, but that clip seems really familiar. I'm pretty sure I must have seen it before somewhere. It is on the weird side, but it's definitely creative.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Tanith » Tue Jun 22, '10, 4:28 pm

Thoul wrote:I don't recall ever watching any of those movies, but that clip seems really familiar. I'm pretty sure I must have seen it before somewhere. It is on the weird side, but it's definitely creative.
The two Unico movies were on the Disney Channel frequently in the 1980s; that's where I saw them. I actually haven't seen them since, except on Youtube.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Postby Thoul » Wed Jun 23, '10, 5:15 pm

We didn't have Disney channel (or even cable) in my area back then. I've no idea where I could have seen it before. But I could just swear I have seen some of that clip on TV at some point. It's going to bug me until I figure it out, but I've no idea when it could have been.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Tweeg » Thu Jul 22, '10, 3:13 am

:cry: Whatever you do, don't do an Ebay search for "Unico" without going throuhg the advanced search and selecting to only see results found in the DVD & Movies category. Elsewise, YOU WILL REGRET THE RESULTS YOU FIND!

Oh, and the reason why it looks familiar Thoul is that it's a Sanrio product tie-in animation. More than likely it either ran on broadcast TV or was in theaters at some point back in the mid 80's. According to an Ebay listing the US copyright on Unico: The Island of Lost Magic VHS tape is 1984.

Here's some info on the first movie:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083258/
Last edited by Tweeg on Thu Jul 22, '10, 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
WELCOME TO THE NEXT LEVEL --- SEGA
PSO Archive
Tweeg
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 52

PreviousNext

Return to Awesome Animation