Weather

General discussion of subjects beyond the scope of the other forums.

Postby Elaina » Sat Nov 10, '07, 12:32 am

The weather changes constantly here. We are in the Midwest. In the winter, we have snow and ice, interchanged with warm days. For example. Two days ago, the temps were in the 20's. Tomorrow, we are supposed to be 73 for a high. It's always like this. It's enough to drive you insane.
Elaina
Citizen
Citizen

Achievements: 1

Postby SparkyIII » Sat Nov 10, '07, 9:52 am

I'd get such severe headaches. I hate hot to cold and vise versa, it makes my head hurt.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Dec 4, '07, 6:55 pm

Just wondering how everyone's weather is doing right now. We are fairly nice with temps in the 50-60's still for the daytime, but at night it gets rather chilly with 30-40's. The news shows a lot of snow for New York and storms in the midwest (WA and OR, I think). It looks very messy indeed, unless you are a snow skier or a water skier, that is. :wink: Stay warm, and safe, everyone. :sunny:

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Tsunami » Tue Dec 4, '07, 8:10 pm

The first snow we got was on Thanksgiving, then it melted a few days after, and then we get even more snow (which melts). Currently, there's patches of snow outside -- not pretty.

If anything, I wish that it'd just snow and then stick around. Hah, I made a pun! Snow sticks in cold weather! XD
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Thoul » Tue Dec 4, '07, 11:33 pm

Around here the temperature is still fluctuating like mad. It was cold last night, but warm the night before.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Dec 11, '07, 7:47 pm

Well, we are in the 70's for the last few days! :sunny: :up:

I've heard on the news where in other parts of the US some are dealing with ice storms, etc. :down: Take care and be safe, ya'll.

Our weather here will take the plunge by the weekend though back down to the 40's. :snowman:

How is the weather where you are?

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Tsunami » Wed Dec 12, '07, 2:22 am

It's finally starting to snow more here again! Hopefully it stays for awhile... It keeps melting which disappoints me so.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Thoul » Wed Dec 12, '07, 2:24 am

It's moderately warm again, after another cold spell. At this rate, I'm expecting a green Christmas rather than a white one.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby SparkyIII » Wed Dec 12, '07, 6:05 am

We got cold pretty fast, high 50s now. But going up? XD
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Dec 17, '07, 5:59 pm

It is COLD here today! We have been in the 40's for highs for the last two days. No snow, just cold. Although we did have rain right before it got cold. Temps were down to the 20's last night.

We were spoiled with 70's last week, and now this. Brrrr! :snowman:

I don't remember where it was, but I heard on the news that a Rite Aid drugstore roof had collapsed somewhere due to all the snow on the roof - that's a lot of snow, lol. :snowman: :snowman: :snowman: :snowman:

Silver_Surfer1

PreviousNext

Return to Casual Conversation