Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hallmark Ornaments
PostPosted: Sat Oct 8, '16, 8:19 pm 
For those of you who collect the Hallmark Ornaments each year, the 2016 Dream Book is now out showcasing the Hallmark Ornaments available this year. There are many awesome Ornaments this year including "Star Wars", "Star Trek", "Barbie", "He-Man", "Batman", "Superman", "Wonder Woman", and many, many others. You may be able to find these and more at your local Hallmark store where you live. Hurray, though, they may go fast!

http://catalogs.hallmark.com/publicatio ... ver=html5#{"page":0,"issue_id":296695}

Awesome Ornament celebrating the 50th anniversary of "Star Trek"!

Post subject: Re: Hallmark Ornaments
PostPosted: Sat Oct 8, '16, 11:48 pm 
To my disappointment, I missed out on the Star Trek ornament in 2012 (to be fair, all it was was just the Enterprise D with a base marked "STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION: 25TH ANNIVERSARY" that had Patrick Stewart say "Space. The final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise..." when you pushed a button on it.) but the Star Trek ornaments look good this year. (And I understand Kirk fighting the Salt Vampire ornament because it's based on the first aired episode, "The Man Trap," but everybody knows the Kirk vs. Gorn fight from "Arena" or the Kirk vs. Spock fight from "Amok Time" are more iconic fights. =p)

Edit: None of the car ornaments this year are my dream car (a blue and white 1958 Chevrolet Bel-Air, in case you're wondering.)

Last edited by Snorb on Sat Oct 8, '16, 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 9, '16, 5:38 am 
I've still got a few Hallmark ornaments, including the old Star Trek ornaments. There comes a point though when you realize the Christmas tree can not hold all of your ornaments and when that happened to us we simply stopped buying new ones... believe that was in the late 90's we stopped buying them.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, '16, 8:47 pm 
Snorb, you may be able to find the Star Trek ornament you missed on the ebay site. They have a ton of Star Trek ornaments there from many years past and present. There is no telling what the prices may be though. Some ebay prices are about right and some are outrageous!!

Tweeg, yes, we also have too many ornaments for our Christmas tree. We stopped putting all of them on the tree years ago. I have one or two that I always put on there though every year, it's tradition! The rest remain boxed up and we look at them from time to time. Sadly, we haven't been buying that many ornaments the past few years either, mainly due to how many are now available that we would like to have and not having the funds to spend on all of them also. It's hard choosing from all of them when there are so many! I still love to see what they come out with each year though.

And, there are other ornaments by other companies than Hallmark that we sometimes find interesting, but no way am I getting started on that!!

Tweeg, it was good to see you posting again. We have missed you here.

Last edited by Silver_Surfer1 on Sat Oct 15, '16, 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, '16, 8:05 pm 
Tweeg wrote:I've still got a few Hallmark ornaments, including the old Star Trek ornaments. There comes a point though when you realize the Christmas tree can not hold all of your ornaments and when that happened to us we simply stopped buying new ones... believe that was in the late 90's we stopped buying them.

We wound up buying a second tree. :p

We usually wind up getting at least one Hallmark ornament per year. However, I refuse to start looking at them in OCTOBER. I'll head down to our local Hallmark store sometime next month, when we're a bit closer to Christmas, but when there's still hopefully a big selection.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, '17, 12:53 am 
I heard that the annual Hallmark Ornament open house was this past weekend in our town. I did not know about it before so I missed getting a chance to see the new ornaments for this year. So, I looked up the Hallmark Dream Book online to see what they have this year. As always, I want them all, lol.

Here's the link for anyone who is interested. Which ornaments do you like best?

http://catalogs.hallmark.com/publication/?i=395323#{"issue_id":395323,"page":0}

I love the Mario, Luigi, and Yoshi ornaments, but would have loved one with Peach too. And Skeletor is my favorite I think. Star Trek and Star Wars ornaments are awesome as usual!

Last edited by Silver_Surfer1 on Wed Nov 22, '17, 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, '17, 12:46 pm 
Never heard about it before but it's very nice ! :)

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]