Weather today

General discussion of subjects beyond the scope of the other forums.

Re: Weather today

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Oct 22, '13, 6:00 pm

Well now that the weather is changing from day to day with the threat of winter rapidly approaching, it seems like a good time to keep updating this topic as we go along and see how everyone's weather is doing from time to time. How is the weather in your area today?

Temps have gotten a bit chilly here lately especially at night but we are still seeing some 70's, however that is expected to change later this week and we are supposed to get about ten degrees colder, or more. I am not looking forward to the colder weather at all. But I do like snow. It will be interesting to see who has the first snow fall, so if you have snow, let us know here. :)
Last edited by Silver_Surfer1 on Tue Oct 22, '13, 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Wolf Bird » Thu Jan 2, '14, 6:52 pm

It's snowy. And it's going to get more so as today wears on. The universities in the Boston area are closing down one by one. Most of the smaller institutions closed, and I got a text from Harvard that they are shutting down at 2 and will resume normal operations Saturday. Along with Harvard, Tufts, Suffolk, UMass Boston, Boston College, and Boston Architectural are closed. It seems Boston University and MIT are still trying to hold out, but I will not be surprised if they announce early closure. The city appears to be keeping up its operations, but I expect the MBTA is going to have to operate on at least a reduced schedule starting tonight. Just in time for the evening commute. Hopefully a lot of businesses are closing early and letting everyone go home. I'm under a winter storm warning and forecast for 12-14 inches of snow and there are blizzard warnings closer to the coast. We've probably got about 4 inches so far and it's coming down now.

I'm glad I could stay home and work remotely today.

Edit: Actually, Governor Patrick has ordered state offices to close at 3 pm today.
Last edited by Wolf Bird on Thu Jan 2, '14, 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby myau56 » Thu Jan 2, '14, 8:44 pm

Here in the west of France it's Armaggedon time ! Lot of Wind, rain, flood and tempests ! :( It's very warm for winter time but it's depressing :(
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Jan 3, '14, 6:33 pm

Hey we actually had a few snow flurries here last night. So little it amounted to nothing but it was still exciting watching it fall. First snow of 2014. Today is cold, has been below freezing all day and not expected to warm up much more than that. Staying inside for the most part where it is warm. :snowman:

Silver_Surfer1

Postby frazilhusx » Mon Jan 6, '14, 9:58 am

Today is a sunny day.
I like it.
:D
frazilhusx
Newcomer
Newcomer

Achievements: 2

Postby Wolf Bird » Mon Jan 6, '14, 1:02 pm

Well, after piles of snow late last week, it's going to be in the 50s and rainy today. And then, of course, it's going to get frigid again starting tomorrow.

Y'know, weather, make up your mind. Is it winter or not?
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby myau56 » Mon Jan 6, '14, 1:14 pm

Sometimes, it's hard for the weather to decide ! :( Here it's only between clouds or a lot of rain and strong wind ! But Wolf Bird : good luck about this changing weather...
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Jan 7, '14, 9:45 pm

Colder here today than it was yesterday and both days are/were below freezing temps. Supposed to warm up tomorrow and rest of the week. Praying it does as I cant stand this cold cold weather. Reminds me too much of the blizzard we had a few years ago.

Silver_Surfer1

Postby tilinelson2 » Wed Jan 8, '14, 12:47 am

I hope everybody is safe with all that snow.
A person only sees and hears what he wants to see and hear and disregards the rest.
tilinelson2
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 277

Postby myau56 » Wed Jan 8, '14, 10:12 pm

Yes, I hope that everyone is safe too ! Hope this snow is going to stop soon .. and the cold too ! :) Good luck to all of the people which are suffering from this !
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

PreviousNext

Return to Casual Conversation