Weather today

General discussion of subjects beyond the scope of the other forums.

Re: Weather today

Postby Wolf Bird » Wed Jul 8, '15, 3:57 pm

I just rode my bike around 3 1/2 miles and back (7 mile round trip) for a physical therapy appointment. By the time I got to the office, I was sweating awfully. By the time I got home, even worse. Why? It's 79 degrees with a 71 degree dew point, which means it's 77% humid, and feels much much hotter than 79 because it's so humid. It's the kind of humid where the air is so heavy it's difficult to breathe, especially if you're doing strenuous exercise like I was. There's also not much wind, making the air feel stagnant on top of that. The only reason it's not even worse is because the sun hasn't come out much yet, but I saw breaks in the clouds on my ride back home. And all that will ultimately do is make it feel even more like a sauna and fuel thunderstorms and heavy rain we're supposed to get this afternoon and evening. Flood watches have already been posted for southeastern MA and Cape Code.

I'm glad I have the option to work from home on days like today.

Oh yeah, and Boston still has snow piles leftover from winter.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/cap ... ill-there/
Last edited by Wolf Bird on Wed Jul 8, '15, 3:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby myau56 » Thu Jul 9, '15, 12:08 pm

Nice weather ! :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Aug 3, '15, 7:34 pm

I know, I know, it seems I am always complaining about the weather, lol. It's either too cold or too hot. It gives me something to do, ha ha!! :wink: However, I may never complain again about it being too hot again because I saw a story online the other day that said the heat index was somewhere around 160 degrees somewhere in Iran:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/cap ... ld-record/

Now, that is really HOT!!

Temps will be in the 90's again here today, and even though that is very hot for our area, compared to Iran's temps, I think I can make do. Good day everyone!!

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Wolf Bird » Tue Aug 4, '15, 10:47 pm

We just got walloped by storms that dropped golf ball sized hail in Boston. At least one tornado was sighted in northern MA. I'm on my way home and there is street flooding and downed branches. On the good side, it also got about 15 degrees cooler.
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Aug 11, '15, 12:07 am

We had some storms this afternoon and our temps have sinced dropped almost 20 degrees. We were in the 90's and now we're in the 70's. Feels so good. Sometimes there is nothing like a good rain shower.

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Sep 14, '15, 7:01 pm

Whoa, a little nip in the air this week with temps here going all the way down to the 50's this morning! Only supposed to be in the 70's later today. Quite a change from the 90's we were having just a week ago. You can tell that Fall is in the air!! I have read many of the weather signs and weather myths say we can expect a really cold winter this year with lots of snow! Oh My!! Not looking forward to that at all!

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Wolf Bird » Mon Sep 14, '15, 10:49 pm

No idea where you are, Silver, but at least in New England, thanks to the Pacific El Nino, we're expecting a drier, milder winter. Check out what El Nino means for your area. It has been in the 70s today and I expect to see a gradual downward trend as the famous New England fall colors start appearing. I for one welcome the cooler weather, as I've had enough of 90 degree temps and the humidity that accompanies them.

Wolf Bird

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Oct 17, '15, 9:28 pm

Brrrrrrrrrrrrr, a chill in the air last night and early this morning here. Temps were down in the low 40's over night, a drastic change from the usual 60-70's. It looks like cooler weather is here for certain. I'm going to miss the warm weather.

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Oct 27, '15, 2:55 am

One word describes today - Rainy! The remnants of Hurricane Patricia has found us dumping oodles and oodles of rain all day long. A few breaks here and there for a few minutes and then more rain. At least it was a fairly warm day with temps in the 60's. Supposed to be very chilly day tomorrow. Looking forward to sunshine and warmer temps later in the week. So glad Hurricane Patricia is going, going, gone!

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sun Nov 1, '15, 11:59 pm

One word - Rain! More rain tomorrow! More rain the rest of the week! Argh!!!!!!!!!!

Silver_Surfer1

PreviousNext

Return to Casual Conversation