Was Myau unique?

Quest for justice and vengeance with the beginning of the saga.

Postby newsblade » Mon Jan 7, '08, 9:53 pm

That can also be linked which my "fan fiction" answer in "What animal was used in Neifirst's DNA?" post.

If Arisa has a clone in PSgaiden (I don't know how Mina was created, if she even was planned by Arisa or who the “Dr.” responsible for her creation was), musk cats in PS4 could also be Myau's clones (that would be the reason for their ability to talk and the concern, by at least one, to open bottles).

Also if musk cat's cells are the genesis of "NM series" (Cat-man-eyes-fang, Nei-1-2-3-2000, Fal, etc.), and if some "bio domes" are still active in Motabia (Seed), maybe some Dome/Plant in Dezoris started to release (or someone released/”saved”) Myau's clones previously created for the “numan project” purpose. That could also be the reason why talkative musk cats are refugee in Myst Valley. ~~~~ now you must be thinking "what a fertile imagination..."

Yes, I think Myau was unique!
newsblade
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 34

Postby Tsunami » Tue Jan 8, '08, 2:48 am

That's a good theory. :yes: It would certainly explain why in PSII the magic caps were needed to talk to the musk cats.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Thoul » Wed Jan 9, '08, 11:18 pm

Interesting idea. I never thought that the cats in PSIV might be clones. That's a very intriguing concept that could explain a lot of things.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Re:

Postby Wanderer From Ys » Mon Dec 26, '11, 3:42 am

The $ Avenger wrote:
Thoul wrote:All this makes me wonder: how do you think the cats in PSIV learned to speak in the human tongue? It doesn't seem like they would have had much human contact, living alone in that far away valley. We know their ancestors in PSII weren't able to do it without the help of those caps, but there are no caps like that in PSIV.
:idea: That's an excellent observation. I don't see why they'd learn to speak between PSII and PSIV.... ditto for the Dezorians. Considering there's practically zero space travel between those games, I guess the Espers would have to have taught them all how to speak to humans, unless that's really Myau in the Mysterious Valley; he could've taught the other cats. Speaking of which, if that's Myau, why did he choose to settle on Dezoris of all places?

Well the Dezolians are obvious. In PSII there were no Palmans living on Dezolis, but in PSIV Palmans were the majority. So it makes sense that the Dezolians would pick up their language. Over the course of 1000 years, the Dezolians language was likely just forgotten. As for the musk cats, I think it's possible that just because they keep themselves hidden, doesn't mean that they are isolated. I'm sure they are aware of the other races, how else could they keep themselves hidden so well.
Wanderer From Ys
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 18

Re: Was Myau unique?

Postby Thoul » Sun Jan 1, '12, 4:55 am

Palman might have become the most accepted trade language, but I think the Dezorian language would still exist even after all that time. It would retain a place in their religious ceremonies, at the very least.

I would like to see the adventures of some Musk Cats going out to keep track of what the Palmans and Dezorians are doing, though. That would make a great story.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby myau56 » Sun Jan 1, '12, 3:26 pm

Very, very interesting : even if my nickname is myau56, I never really thought about it and I'm very impressed by all I read...tha fact that, in the original Phantasy Star, there is only one musk cat is very strange indeed.
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Wanderer From Ys » Thu Jan 5, '12, 9:42 pm

Thoul wrote:Palman might have become the most accepted trade language, but I think the Dezorian language would still exist even after all that time. It would retain a place in their religious ceremonies, at the very least.

I would like to see the adventures of some Musk Cats going out to keep track of what the Palmans and Dezorians are doing, though. That would make a great story.

I shouldn't have said forgotten, just less dominant. Palman would be more dominant is businesses, and society, but the locals would probably still speak their native language amongst themselves. That is what happens in our own world when one country colonizes another. Unfortunately in the real world its very difficult to learn a new language.

Another factor to consider is that PSI has been retconned. In generation 1 you need The Motavia Ring, and Dezolis ring to talk to the people of those planets. Unfortunately the remake of PS4 never happened, so we don't know what they had planned. My theory is that since it's so easy to wear cloths that translate a language, maybe in PS4 all Dezolians are wearing Mogic caps. It doesn't explain the Musk Cats though.
Wanderer From Ys
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 18

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Feb 2, '18, 1:24 am

Some interesting facts and speculations regarding Myau and other Musk Cats in other games. Yes, I do think Myau was unique! The other Musk Cats could have descended from Myau somehow, possibly?

What does everyone else think?
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby myau56 » Fri Feb 23, '18, 1:13 pm

It's always hard to tell...there is no ONE right answer I think ! Myau Unique ? Hard to tell like I've said...There are no Musk cats other than Myau in PS I, Only Musk cats on Dezoris in PSII, none in PSIII and in PSIV, only the "Old Man" Myau and the Silver Tusk (Silver Fang) and some Musk Cats in Myst Valley ! :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Previous

Return to Phantasy Star