Phantasy Star IV commerical

Hunt the source of evil as the millennium comes to an end.

Phantasy Star IV commerical

Postby Rune_Walsh » Fri Aug 22, '08, 10:25 am

I love the Phantasy Star IV commerical that was aired in Japan. It really looks like a partial preview of a Phantasy Star IV movie, which I'd definitely love to see! The actor who plays Chaz really looks the part.^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtPCbG0Bugk

:D
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 9

Postby Lucas » Fri Aug 22, '08, 11:18 am

yeah it is pretty mad :) . I'm suprised that sega never licesened PSIV to be a real movie or an anime series I think they should have. :x

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Rune_Walsh » Fri Aug 22, '08, 7:05 pm

Oh, I agree, Lucas. It is really surprising, as so many games have been made into films, such as Mortal Kombat, for instance. Many westerners haven't even heard of Phantasy Star, which just baffles me. I thought I read somewhere that Sega made an announcement that PS IV was going to be remade, like PS I, but it never happened. A remake of the game would certainly draw new attention to the series and thus heighten its popularity.
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Postby Srijita » Fri Aug 22, '08, 8:52 pm

[face=Times New Roman]

That was interesting viewing :)

I always imagined Chaz Ashley as somewhat younger looking, though. He's only 16 at the time of PS4 and looks quite juvenile in the images from the game. In the trailer, the actor seems quite a bit older than that.

[/face]
Srijita
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 15

Postby Lucas » Sat Aug 23, '08, 1:32 am

hopefully one day sega does consider doing something like that. Cause Phantasy is quite a popular rpg series :wink:

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Rune_Walsh » Sat Aug 23, '08, 11:31 am

Srijita wrote:[face=Times New Roman]

That was interesting viewing :)

I always imagined Chaz Ashley as somewhat younger looking, though. He's only 16 at the time of PS4 and looks quite juvenile in the images from the game. In the trailer, the actor seems quite a bit older than that.

[/face]

Haha, indeed - the actor portraying Chaz does look quite a bit older than sixteen. I also get a laugh out of Rika's flexing her metal-arm thingy. :lol: And, where is Rune in that commercial???

And Lucas, I agree... here's to hoping that Sega will. :wink:
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Postby Wolf Bird » Sat Aug 23, '08, 2:21 pm

Rune_Walsh wrote:And, where is Rune in that commercial???

I had seen this quite some time ago and I always asked that same question. It shows Chaz, Wren, and Rika, who are all part of the "main" four, but not Rune, who's the last of the "main four". It does make one wonder.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Srijita » Sat Aug 23, '08, 3:40 pm

Rune_Walsh wrote:And, where is Rune in that commercial???

[face=Times New Roman]Maybe the casting director couldn't find an actor with his looks who was prepared to dye his hair light blue... :wink: [/face]
Srijita
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 15

Postby Rune_Walsh » Sat Aug 23, '08, 11:12 pm

But wasn't Rune more of a leader figure/guardian to Rika and Chaz? Granted, Wren was Rika's teacher along with Seed, but Rune just seems to be more of an important character in the game.

Either Sega didn't have enough money to pay for another actor to be in the commerical, or, as Srijita says, they couldn't find an actor tall and smexy enough to sport Rune's fabulous blue hair.^^
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Postby Thoul » Sun Aug 24, '08, 4:54 am

Maybe they though Rune would be too much of a spoiler. Without knowing his name, if you'd played either of the first two games and saw a blue haired guy in a white cape? Most people would be guessing he was Lutz right away.

Out of all the commercials, that one's my favorite. It's cool to see someone that actually looks like the characters. And to see the huge claw from the Japan box art, too.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Next

Return to Phantasy Star IV