Warcraft

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Warcraft

Postby Thoul » Mon Oct 15, '07, 3:30 pm

Do we have any fans of the Warcraft series among us? I really enjoyed playing Warcraft II. I mostly played against others and not the story mode, but it was really fun either way.

I haven't tried Warcraft III or World of Warcraft. If you have, what's your opinion of them? I've been thinking about looking into Warcraft III now that I have a newer PC that can probably run it.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Neithird » Tue Oct 16, '07, 2:46 am

I only played a part of the very first one. I didn't like it very much. It was a very slow game and took a long time to build up resources to do anything.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Fogeltje » Sat Oct 27, '07, 11:35 pm

I'm a big Warcraft fan. Didn't play I a whole lot, never finished it without cheats.

Like Warcraft II much better, dragging to select units was soo much better. Spend countless hours in the campaigns, creating maps and playing them and so on. Only finished the human campaign. Tried the expansion campaigns but I only made it to mission 6 with the humans. Never liked playing with the Orcs.

I loved Warcraft III how it expanded the Warcraft universe. It's also the first Warcraft game I beat completely without cheats. Finished the expansion as well. It had too many different units to my taste and I didn't like the heavy emphasis on machinery (riflemen, mortars, steam tanks) but I liked the story nonetheless. Started half a year ago again when I downloaded a fan-made Dwarven campaign, only three missions and not completed but I loved it. If anyone is still playing and wants to play some nice single player action, try it.

I haven't played World of Warcraft for two reasons, first because I don't want to pay monthly for a game that I will have pay big money for to get in the first place (I'm only in for the story anyway) and my computer wouldn't run it.
"Rolf, there's no hope for me. If Neifirst is dead, I must die, too."
And in so saying, Nei silently closed her eyes.
Fogeltje
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 40

Postby Thoul » Tue Oct 30, '07, 10:32 pm

Ah, the map editor! Good times there. I even made a little map of my own once. I wonder where that thing is now...

I didn't enjoy the orcs as much in II, either. The humans were much more fun. I always liked building up a fleet of ships and sending them out to dominate the ocean. :lol:
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Dec 4, '07, 6:40 pm

I haven't played the game but it does sound and look interesting from what I've seen and heard.

Oh by the way, has anyone seen the recent tv commercials (one with Mr. T, and one with Star Trek's William Shatner) for this Warcraft game? They are really neat, I think. I wonder if either of them actually do play the game!!
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby SparkyIII » Tue Dec 4, '07, 7:12 pm

We tried a demo once, but it was one of the oldest ones so the quality was poor in this day and age.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Postby Neithird » Wed Dec 5, '07, 9:47 pm

Secret_Surfer wrote:Oh by the way, has anyone seen the recent tv commercials (one with Mr. T, and one with Star Trek's William Shatner) for this Warcraft game? They are really neat, I think. I wonder if either of them actually do play the game!!

I saw them, those are great. I would be surprised if they actually do play the game. I don't see how Shatner would have time, with all the stuff he does! :lol:

I like the Mr. T spot the best. "Maybe Mr. T hacked the game and added a Mohawk class! Maybe Mr. T is pretty good with computers, did that ever occur to you Mr. Condescending Director Man?" :rofl: That's now officially my favorite commercial ever. :clap:
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Chris8282 » Tue Dec 18, '07, 3:53 am

I'm a pretty big WarCraft fan. I play WC3 atleast once a week, and I recently recieved a new copy of WC2:BNE, so I'm replaying WC2... there's still 600 people at a time on Bnet. That's suprising to me.....

.. Of course StarCraft still has anywhere from 20 - 50 thousand at a time.
Chris8282
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 6

Postby Chris8282 » Tue Dec 18, '07, 3:55 am

Oh, and I agree totally about that WoW Mr. T commercial. It was brilliant. I'll probably buy it soon once I replay through Phantasy Star 2, 3, 4 (I'm going back through all the games in order and I've already finished the frist one.) and as soon as I figure out how to run my own private servers.
Chris8282
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 6

Postby SparkyIII » Tue Dec 18, '07, 9:15 pm

The age of games dont have so many, which surprises me, the release the 2nd expansion for AoE 3 recently.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Next

Return to General Gaming