More wandering madness!

Have you tried your hand at fan art or original art? Show us here!

More wandering madness!

Postby Xander » Sun Jul 25, '10, 8:41 pm

Ok so today I went out and did a couple of mountains as I sometimes do. The weather was fantastic and I actually got sunburnt a little. :o Despite being some smaller mountains, the walk was definitely a favourite of mine. The scenery was some of the best I've seen so far, the weather was great and there were a few moments. Such as when I heard the ground bubbling under my feet in the forest and realised I was on a bog. It sounded nasty. Plus I even got one of my friends to go jump in a river, though he refused to do a handstand so he lost the bet. Wuss...

Anyways, I uploaded the rest to photobucket. Here it is. It'll show you everything here and then some. Sorry if you see any bad ones or duplicates, but I'm too tired to do much else right now.

Enjoy. :D
"There's nothing wrong with you that I can't fix...with my hands!!"

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 189

Re: More wandering madness!

Postby Atlinsmere » Sun Jul 25, '10, 8:49 pm

Oh. Was that a Xander I saw? Great pics. They look nice. I just wish there were places like that inside the city and I had friends willing to do so. It sounds like a lot of fun. ^_^

Also, is your name Ben? I just noticed that it said that at the top when viewing.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Xander » Sun Jul 25, '10, 9:02 pm

Yeah I'm right here. Posting in my thread. :p Edit: Oh wait, I see. Zoink.

Oh no, Ben is Gaelic for mountain or mount. Look at any map and you'll see a lot of Bens, Mealls, Beinns, Stobs and other such weirdness. Don't ask me to translate, I don't speak the language and I don't fancy trying to find the translations.

And what kind of city would you need to live in to have places like this in there? Are Canadian cities really that big? :D
Last edited by Xander on Sun Jul 25, '10, 9:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Postby Atlinsmere » Sun Jul 25, '10, 9:02 pm

Well, because I live on the prairies, I don't really have any mountainous places close by my city. IF I want to drive about an hour or so I could have some valleys to hike, but compared to what I've seen so far, they look pitiful in comparison. T-T
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Xander » Sun Jul 25, '10, 9:12 pm

Well this country is pretty much made of hills. They're all over the place, though there's an area in the far north where it all flattens out. Your area sounds like england. It's flat as a pancake in comparison. :D In your case ti sounds like you'd need to plan quite a trip to get anywhere. But don't underestimate what you have. Here you still have to go out of your way to find some of the more interesting stuff. It pays to take a little look around.

Oh, and I found a lovely stag skull near the end with antlers still attached. I've always said I'd love to find one but actually finding one was awesome. I just need to clean it up.
Last edited by Xander on Sun Jul 25, '10, 9:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Postby Thoul » Mon Jul 26, '10, 8:35 pm

Wow, such beautiful views! It must be such a great experience to be able to wander over the countryside and see such things first hand. I bet it's a bit unsettling to suddenly realize you're standing on top of a bog, though.

What's the building the second picture here?
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Xander » Mon Jul 26, '10, 9:35 pm

Well thankfully the bog was only deep enough to get your feet stuck in, though I've never heard one bubble like this before and nor have I ever found one in the middle of a forest. But it doesn't compare to the time I was on exercise on dartmoor years ago and saw one of my lot fall up to their waste in one! Of course carrying a heavy bergen doesn't help matters, but the look on their face was priceless. :D

Oh yeah I should have mentioned, the building in the second picture is a church. Odd to find one away out there, but it was just up a hill across from the car park so I went and had a look. It looks like it gets used judging by the condition, but it was around 9am so nobody would be around I think.
Last edited by Xander on Mon Jul 26, '10, 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Postby Solar » Fri Jul 30, '10, 8:46 am

Oh, you are lucky to live so close to such pure nature... I have to drive for hours before I get to good hiking terrain...
Solar
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 89

Return to Artwork