Six Million Dollar Man

There's lots to talk about on the smaller screen.

Six Million Dollar Man

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Nov 25, '10, 3:22 am

Any fans here of the classic tv show "The Six Million Dollar Man" starring actor Lee Majors?

To make a long story short, it was about an astronaut named Colonel Steve Austin (played by Majors) who has an accident and is severly injured and they "rebuild" him using bionic parts, etc.

The TV show ran about 5 years, I think it was.

Anyway, finally, the show has been released in a DVD box set of the entire show!!!!!!

http://entertainment.gather.com/viewArt ... 4978720901

This is great news for many fans. The bad news is that it costs about $240, which is still an awesome price for the entire set, if you've got the money to pay for it, that is.

Hopefully, this might create interest in a new series or a movie though.

Comments or Opinions??

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: Six Million Dollar Man

Postby Thoul » Mon Nov 29, '10, 11:28 pm

I used to love that show when I was a kid. I can't remember anything from it except the opening title sequence now. The last thing I saw related to it was some made for TV reunion movies in the 1990s. It's a pity the set is so expensive; I'd like to check out a few episodes at least, but not at that price.

Somehow, I doubt a new series is likely. There was a newer one based on Six Million Dollar Man's spin-off, the Bionic Woman, not long ago. It was not very successful, I think.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Return to Tubular Television