Lockerbie Bomber released

General discussion of subjects beyond the scope of the other forums.

Lockerbie Bomber released

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Aug 20, '09, 8:43 pm

Heard on the news that the guy convicted in the Lockerbie Bomber case and who has served 8 years of a life sentence is now being released, or has already been released, due to him having a terminal illness and only about 3 months left to live supposedly.

Many of the families of the victims in the Lockerbie bomb incident are very upset over this release. As are many others everywhere.

The argument is being made as to why they should give this guy sympathy when he gave no sympathy to those other victims that were killed.

I was wondering how everyone feels about this. Should the guy have been released, or should he have spent his remaining time left in jail still serving the life sentence that he received?
Palm Sunday ~ March 24, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: Lockerbie Bomber released

Postby Thoul » Thu Aug 20, '09, 9:22 pm

I feel he shouldn't have been released. Just because he's diagnosed with that limited time to live doesn't mean he can't live longer than that. There are all kinds of stories about people being told they have six months to live and surviving for many years after that.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Aug 21, '09, 10:50 pm

You are right there, Thoul, and that is one reason why so many people, especially the victims' families are upset with all this.

I also heard that one of the stipulations of his release was that he not be given a "hero's welcome" back in his own country and that he basically go in the back door without much fanfare or attention, etc. Well, that did not happen as his big welcome back has been seen all over the news everywhere. :down:

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Oct 23, '09, 8:26 pm

Just an update to this story.

I heard the other day that this guy known as the Lockerbie bomber who had been released because of his ill health, had in fact passed away.

So, I guess that is one ending to this story for him atleast, although the story may never end for the families of the victims killed in the bombing. :cry:

Silver_Surfer1

Return to Casual Conversation