Page 2 of 2  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, '07, 2:57 am 
I like voice acting better than reading. Sometimes it's hard to understand and on those I'm glad for subtitles. Bad voice acting it's much worse than the bad English some of the older games had. Remember things like "all your base are belong to us"? At least nowadays, most games have gotten past that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, '07, 6:15 am 
Hm, I guess the worst thing would be a game with bad voice acting and terrible English in the subtitles. Does anyone know of one like that?

Are there any games that you think would benefit from the addition of voice acting?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, '07, 7:52 am 
In games like Phantasy Star, I think voice acting would have ruined a lot of the imagination that is put into the characters. I could see the importance of voice acting for less involved RPGs or first person shooters especialy with the latter genre.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, '07, 6:28 pm 
I dislike the games that have both, and you can read while they speak, the only problem with the games I'm referring to is the speech is almost completely different than the text on the screen so you can't follow along you get lost and then you have no clue whats happening when they go back to it.

Speech: "MMMMRRRRRFPFFFMMMMPHHHHSFSSSFFF"
Text: "I'm not the one that you are looking for."
Thanks to the magic of subtitles, we know exactly what they're saying.
I think I like the text better. Speech is a good "Cool they have voices" But if its important you don't want to miss what they're trying to tell you because of the sound of their voice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, '07, 6:37 pm 
Yeah, I hate when I miss something because the voices aren't understandable. In cases like that, I'm glad to the for the subtitles.

Page 2 of 2  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2