Snorb attempts interior decorating

General discussion of subjects beyond the scope of the other forums.

Snorb attempts interior decorating

Postby Snorb » Sun Jul 27, '14, 11:16 pm

About a month or so ago, my sister moved out on her own. This is great news for me, because I get to move all my (considerable) stuff into her bedroom. Which is fine because this bedroom used to be my bedroom (until I moved out, and when I had to move back because of lack of $$$, she stole my old room, so I stole hers.)

Anyways! Last week, my parents and I painted the bedroom, we got new furniture to replace the deteriorated stuff I had for God knows how long (except the computer desk), and... well, a progress report!
My nightstand. Tucked into the corner by those paintings I need to hang are a lava lamp, glitter lamp, and color-changing obelisk from Spencer Gifts that looks awesome when it's actually plugged in. On the nightstand are my Kindle and one of those clocks that oscillates back and forth and puts the time and day up by magic. (And yes, that picture on the bottom is me, thirty years ago. =p)

My bed, which I probably should have actually made before I took a picture on my cell phone camera and showed the world my crapulence. That little blue thing on the top of the headboard is a loose d10 that I didn't put back in my dice box.

Also, Creeper Plushie is creeping. D: Sssssssssssssssssssss *boom*

My dresser. Like Chaz's, it's full of underwear. On top of it by the light switch is a Homer Simpson nutcracker, my DS, and my Eleventh Doctor voice clip-playing Tardis bank (which is technically a collector's item now that the Twelfth Doctor's making his debut next month...)

The other room with the yellowish wall in that picture is the room I'm vacating, with some of my stuff in the background on the shelf.

My TV (with Bar Rescue on. Don't judge me.) and computer desk that's... seen better days but I'm probably not gonna get rid of it until it finally caves in.
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Re: Snorb attempts interior decorating

Postby Wolf Bird » Mon Jul 28, '14, 2:06 am

Looks really good to me! I say no worries on state of mess...I know what that's like when rearranging stuff.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Snorb » Mon Jul 28, '14, 4:04 am

I know, I know. =p

My stuff's mostly books (I actually got the entire Sailor Moon and Sailor V manga series in my TV stand!!) and I'm just a bit worried that the overhead shelf won't be able to carry their weight. I mean, I can always buy a bookcase, but still.
Read my social stuff!

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Postby Bragatyr » Mon Jul 28, '14, 4:57 am

Cool stuff, looks nice. Out of curiosity, what books are on your shelf there? I can't quite make them out, but one of them looks familiar.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 65

Postby Snorb » Mon Jul 28, '14, 5:20 am

Left side, from top to bottom: King's Quest Collection manual (the purple book), EncycloAlmanacTionaryOgraphy (The Island of Doctor Brain copy protection, brown book), Quest For Glory Collection manual (thin red book), Big Eyes Small Mouth Second Edition Rulebook (slightly thicker teal book), Big Eyes Small Mouth: Space Fantasy, Big Eyes Small Mouth: The Slayers NEXT Setting, Short Fiction: Classic and Contemporary (thick blue book), The Collected Stories of Arthur C. Clarke (thick black book just under it)

Right side, same rules: Le Morte d'Arthur, Five People Who Died During [Intimacy], The Masks of God: Oriental Mythology, Waiter Rant, The Bedford Glossary of Critical and Literary Terms.
Read my social stuff!

Play my games!

Snorb

Postby Bragatyr » Mon Jul 28, '14, 5:45 pm

I thought that was Arthur C. Clarke's Collected Stories, I have the same one! Kudos on having Le Morte d'Arthur, too, Arthurian lit is awesome.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 65

Postby S4Blade » Mon Jul 28, '14, 11:32 pm

Nice work Snorb.

Is that a trackball I see on your PC?
Currently Playing: Nothing

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 39

Postby Tweeg » Tue Jul 29, '14, 2:54 am

Everyone whould have a trackball mouse. That one looks like the very same model I'm using; Logitech TrackMan Wheel. :)

Oh, and I also have one of those LED wand clocks, except in silver with blue LED's instead of the black model with the red LEDs. Or rather I should say I have both, but my black one like you have took quite the fall and requires repair... assuming it can be repaired.
WELCOME TO THE NEXT LEVEL --- SEGA
PSO Archive
Tweeg
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 52

Return to Casual Conversation