Michael Jackson London concert

Get up and move your body to the beat of music discussions.

Michael Jackson London concert

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Mar 6, '09, 12:03 am

Did anyone else see any of the press interview with Michael Jackson announcing his upcoming concert in London? I saw a bit of it broadcast on Fox news. Here's a link to read all about it:

http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx ... &GT1=28102

How do you think he will do in this concert? Will it reestablish his career or be the final stepping stone, so to speak?

I noticed that when he said it would be his final concert, that he seemed to go out of his way to say "in London". So, I'm wondering, if that means that he will still have concerts in places other than London, say maybe in the US someday? I think it would be terrific if Michael and his brothers would get together again and reunite "The Jackson Five", atleast for one final goodbye in the US, if nothing else.

I also have doubts it will be the "final" concert. Look at all the other celebrities or stars who have announced their "final" concert tour and then have wound up coming back a few years later (Garth Brooks, Cher, Barbara Striesand, I think, just to name a few).

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Thoul » Fri Mar 6, '09, 9:24 pm

Hrm, I doubt he would have much success at a come back, after all those allegations being thrown around years ago. Stranger things have happened, though.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sun Mar 8, '09, 3:44 am

Yes, I agree regarding all those allegations of years past - that is very disturbing - however, that is just what they are "allegations", and until they have been proven fact, then I think Michael deserves the benefit of the doubt, but aside from all those issues, I think that he is such a musical powerhouse that any concert he gives will be overwhelming and in great demand. The question is, will he actually do it??? I think he's tried something like a concert before and bailed out or something along those lines. I think now he really needs the dough, though, and knows this is the only way to get it. If this one is successful, then I think there will be more. Also, he's not getting any younger and if he's going to do it and make any money, then it better be soon, ya know? :yaknow:

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: Michael Jackson London concert

Postby LordShibas » Sun Mar 8, '09, 3:51 am

Silver_Surfer1 wrote: Will it reestablish his career or be the final stepping stone, so to speak?

Before he can re-establish anything, he needs to stop taking those crazy pills.
LordShibas
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 9

Return to Tootin' Tunes