Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 6, '15, 2:00 am 
Today, June 5th, 2015 marks the 20th anniversary of the release of EarthBound (Mother 2 in Japan) in North America.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/EarthBound

As most of you at this forum know, I'm a fan of the game/series and I do consider the second installment on SNES my favorite game of all time. Even though I'm deadbeat tired from being at a conference all day today and yesterday, I'm probably going to take time this evening to play it. I do have a cartridge, which nowadays, fetch $200-250 on eBay, as well as the player's guide with the card insert still attached. It's one of, if not the most, valuable game in my collection. I did not ever play it as a kid as I had a Genesis, but when I first played it 7-8 years ago on an emulator, I loved it within minutes. Probably my biggest gaming regret is not playing it sooner in my life despite knowing of its existence for quite a long time.

Has anyone else on this forum played/beaten this game? I know there's a few of you...

Last edited by Wolf Bird on Sat Jun 6, '15, 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 9, '15, 10:32 pm 
I actually had the fortune to pick up Earthbound pretty close to release- even ended up with the big box and guide and everything. There are two RPGs which I make sure to replay at least once a year, Earthbound being one of them- probably the best RPG of its generation.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, '16, 12:07 pm 
Unfortunately, i've never played one of these games (maybe just tried it 20 minutes but I can't remembner for sure...); Maybe one day ? :)

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]