Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, '15, 12:45 am 
Even the best in the music world churn out a stinker or two. Off the top of my head, they are:

Styx-Kilroy Was Here
Mr. Big-Get Over It
Metallica-St. Anger
Pink Floyd-The Final Cut
Nine Inch Nails-Fixed
Guns N Roses-Chinese Democracy
U2-Songs of Innocence
Aerosmith-Just Push Play
Bruce Springsteen-The Rising
Aphex Twin-Computer Controlled Acoustic Instruments Pt. 2
Billy Joel-The Bridge
The Cult-The Cult
Motley Crue-Motley Crue
Beastie Boys-Hello Nasty
The J. Geils Band-Freeze Frame
Neil Young-Old Ways
Night Ranger-Hole In The Sun
Queensryche-Promised Land
Rush-Power Windows
Scorpions-Face The Heat
Steve Winwood-Refugees Of The Heart
Tom Jones-The Lead And How To Swing It
Yes-Big Generator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, '15, 10:51 pm 
I will have to check that Tom Jones album out sometime. I love most of his music. Although I guess even he may have a bad one every now and then. Do you know what some of the songs are on that album?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 1, '15, 3:15 am 
I actually don't mind Big Generator. I don't think it's a great album, certainly not Yes's best, but I think it's alright.

If I had to choose one...just ONE...it would be Sonata Arctica's 'Unia'. It's their weakest album. I realize they were experimenting with some new elements after 'Reckoning Night' (and that experimentation ultimately paid off, IMO) but I just find Unia boring compared to the rest of their discography. There's really only one song on it that I find remotely memorable.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 1, '15, 3:32 am 
I don't think their is such a thing as a bad Dream Theater album. But Dark Clouds and Silver Linings is probably one of their weaker efforts of their last five albums or so. Though still decent songs. Just took a bit for me to listen though it the first time.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 1, '15, 4:02 am 
Silver_Surfer1 wrote:I will have to check that Tom Jones album out sometime. I love most of his music. Although I guess even he may have a bad one every now and then. Do you know what some of the songs are on that album?

The most well known off of it is "If I Only Knew" which is actually a good one, but the rest of the album (from what I heard of it at least) is pretty meh.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 2, '15, 12:27 am 
Power Windows was a fantastic album. I'd argue Vapor Trails is their worst.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 2, '15, 4:07 pm 
Have to agree with St. Anger. God, that was terrible. The first one that comes to mind for me is King Crimson's Lizard. Islands isn't great, either. They were going through major personnel changes at the time and while the albums each have some really nice songs, as a whole they're pretty forgettable.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 2, '15, 6:05 pm 
'The Incident' by Porcupine Tree. Just forgettable, especially when you put it next to PT's three preceding albums (Deadwing remains of my favorite albums of all time). I guess at the time Steven Wilson wanted to move onto his solo stuff.

Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]