Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, '14, 11:37 pm 
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/12/25/ ... e-are-down

Now, Christmas is probably a very heavy traffic day for XBLA and PSN, as lots of people are getting new consoles and setting up accounts, and many of those folks and current owners are probably getting gift cards for downloads. So I imagine that the services are more prone to slowness or coming offline when traffic gets crazy.

But then in steps a hacker group to attack and bring down both services. No idea why, but I can't think of a single good reason to do such a thing. It seems it's basically to get some cheap laughs and no other reason.

Last edited by Wolf Bird on Thu Dec 25, '14, 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, '14, 9:22 am 
Because shutting down these "services" is attacking "the man", man.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, '14, 4:54 pm 
I can't even use the words I want to use to describe my thoughts on these script kiddies and their hacks. I think the laws should be modified so that these hackers (I use the term loosely) should be classified as terrorists. I know in Ham (Amateur) Radio someone causes interference we *can* and *will* track you down. FCC fines start at around 10K. Perhaps we should apply that kind of logic as well. Either way it's annoying since XBL (which I am on under ZorronX) won't give us any credit for the time we lose being unable to play.

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]