Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, '14, 2:19 pm 
Well, the issues have been resolved.

Basically, back in the '90s, LucasArts decided to actually use their talents towards making licensed Star Wars games, and in doing so, created two of the best SW games ever made- the space combat games X-wing, then followed by TIE fighter. However, the games were only re-release once, in 1998, and since then it has been exceedingly difficult to find copies. However, thanks to Disney's administration of the franchise, now the games are being once again distributed, this time through GoG.com, with all expansion packs and other re-release features.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, '14, 2:14 am 
Good news, I always wanted to play these two.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, '14, 5:08 am 
AUGH! Tie Fighter was one of the best games I EVER played! It stole so many hours of my life back in the day!

And I can't play it as I'm on a Mac! I really hope it can be compatible through PlayOnMac eventually...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, '14, 11:47 pm 
In the early 90s, I did not have a PC but my friend did and he had both X-Wing and tie Fighter. Both AWESOME games which I played many hours.

However, around 1998, I did have a PC and you know what else I had?

A keen shopping sense! :) Hi Fringes!

Last edited by Aeroprism on Wed Nov 12, '14, 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, '14, 12:50 am 
...aaaaaaand no matter how hard I try, I can't install them on a current gen system. Stupid 64 bits.

I'll try DOSBOX later.

Also: Extreme awesomeness

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]