Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Nintendo Petition
PostPosted: Wed Jul 3, '13, 7:08 pm 
A petition wanting Nintendo to get rid of region locks seems to be doing fairly well in obtaining many signatures so far:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/ ... r=yahootix

Has anyone here signed the petition so far, or would you sign it? What does everyone think about this...should Nintendo do it, or not?

Post subject: Re: Nintendo Petition
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, '13, 4:33 pm 
I wouldn't care one way or the other for the petition, but I think getting rid of region locks for gaming is a good idea. Region locks have always been irritating to people that want to import games. Nowadays, the world is a much more accessible market than it was in the days of, as an example, the Super Nintendo. If people in want to import a game released only in one or two countries, there's no real reason to block that now, IMO.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, '13, 8:23 pm 
I just signed it a second ago. Region locks have become more of a nuisance to me ever since I started importing games for PS2 and Dreamcast.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, '14, 11:37 am 
I haven't seen that before but I'll sign it this evening ! This will be a great thing to break those region locks :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, '14, 12:49 pm 
The chances of Nintendo removing their region locks are slim.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/03/ ... on-locking

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, '14, 2:00 pm 
At least with the old consoles like the SNES, getting around region locks was as easy as removing the tabs in the cartridge slots. I find continuing region locks totally absurd, because it's such a connected world and people want to import. You think it'd help them make more money to remove those.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, '14, 10:30 pm 
VISTABLADE : You're right, the chances are very weak, unfortunately...
WOLF BIRD : You're right too but it's video games now...with old systems that was "easy" : as for the megadrive you just had to file down the plastic ! ;)

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]