Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ] 

3D AGES Logo

3D AGES Logo

View Gallery Page

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, '12, 12:02 am 
The first thing a player sees when booting up Phantasy Star generation 1 is the 3D AGES logo screen. The game was the first to be created under the 3D AGES banner. 3D AGES was a cooperative effort between Sega and D3 Publisher to produce a line of budget titles based on older Sega properties. As observant readers, you have probably noticed that 3D AGES is a reversed spelling of SEGA D3. Sega has used this naming gimmick several times, including in a semi-famous advertising campaign that declared "to be this good takes AGES!"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, '12, 5:00 pm 
Excellent logo and maybe one day I'll see it appear when I will launch my ps2 with Phantasy Star generation 1 !!
The end of it reminds me of a plug ! ;)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, '12, 5:00 pm 
Excellent logo and maybe one day I'll see it appear when I will launch my ps2 with Phantasy Star generation 1 !!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, '12, 7:03 pm 
I love this logo - it's very well conceived (not only the backwards spelling but the "3D" also looks like an electric power plug).

myau56 wrote:Excellent logo and maybe one day I'll see it appear when I will launch my ps2 with Phantasy Star generation 1 !!

I'll see it as soon as Orakio Rob finishes PSG1 translation.

Last edited by newsblade on Mon Feb 20, '12, 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, '12, 9:18 pm 
Until recently, I only thought of the 3D as a power plug. I didn't recognize that was text until last week. :oops: The logo makes a lot more sense to me now. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, '12, 9:52 pm 
Ah a power Plug ! Thanks for the hint Thoul because I cannot remember how to say "pris e de courant" in english ^^ 3D ages is a great thing but how come PSIII and PSIV aren't scheduled ? :(

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, '12, 10:19 pm 
Sadly, 3D Ages no longer exists. :( Sega and D3's partnership broke up before the release of Generation 2. They had been planning a PS IV remake, but it was canceled. Sega continued making budget titles without D3, but they were only emulation ports, including Phantasy Star Complete Collection.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, '12, 10:28 pm 
I known that Sega Ages wasn't on track anymore, unfortunately...I remember the PSIV remake scheduled then abandoned ansd I remember too that PSIII was never to be released...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, '12, 12:33 am 
Well, I guess you learn something new everyday, lol. Never would have thought that was something backwards (SEGA 3D). Very tricky and smart idea, ha ha.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, '12, 9:30 am 
Silver_Surfer : exactly ! We learn everyday, even the adults, everybody ! As I say often to my pupils : we learn everyday ! :)

Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]