Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ] 

Man Eating Bat

Man Eating Bat

View Gallery Page

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, '11, 12:08 am 
During her search for a wanted criminal, Anna finds herself encountering several dangerous creatures in Motavia's wilderness. The first such foe she faces is a biomonster described as a man eating bat. The bat-like body supports a human shaped head, calling to mind a visual style of vampires one might see in older movies. There is also a passing resemblance to the humanoid bat creatures that roamed the wilds of Palma during Phantasy Star.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, '11, 11:59 pm 
Thoul wrote:The first such foe she faces is a biomonster described as a man eating bat. (...) There is also a passing resemblance to the humanoid bat creatures that roamed the wilds of Palma during Phantasy Star.
You're right. "Werebat" is the enemy that looks like that "man-eating bat" biomonster. They could be the same (just an updated version).

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, '11, 6:59 pm 
I totally forgot there was a brown version of that monster in PSI. I was thinking of the blue one when I wrote that... I always remember that version because the original name translates as Batman. The brown version makes the connection even stronger. Thanks for pointing that one out, newsblade! :D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, '11, 12:02 pm 
This is also one of the few enemy encounter screen shots from the text adventures that has part of the main character in the picture as well.

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]