Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Video Game Box Art
PostPosted: Thu May 26, '11, 3:59 am 
Found this topic about the art on classic video game boxes. Although some of the games were unfamiliar to me, and there were only a few of them listed here, it was still a blast from the past to see them all. Enjoy!!

http://blog.games.yahoo.com/photos/276- ... me-box-art

Which other video games not mentioned here do you think has great box art?

Post subject: Re: Video Game Box Art
PostPosted: Thu May 26, '11, 4:14 am 
I don't understand calling the list "unforgettable" art when intentionally showcasing less attractive packaging. The Space Invaders art makes me nostalgic for the old Atari days. Maybe the art didn't reflect the game very much, but they had some great covers back in those days.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, '11, 12:24 am 
They were some unusual choices, but the Moonwalker box art was pretty epic. I've actually never seen that before. If I made a list like this the first Mega Man would definitely be on it. Few things in life are as hilariously bad (or as unrepresentative!).

In all seriousness I always thought the first Final Fantasy's box art was pretty iconic. I remember liking Mega Man 5's a lot, too.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, '11, 12:22 pm 
None of those covers really knocked my socks off. I was a big fan of the box art of Miracle Warriors, which was very beautiful. I always thought the original Shinobi box art was pretty iconic, too. "Ghosts and Goblins" for the NES and "Ghouls and Ghosts" for the Genesis also had wonderful cover art.

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]