Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ] 

Orakio & Rulakir

Orakio & Rulakir

View Gallery Page

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, '11, 12:00 am 
This sheet of sketches by Toyo Ozaki is a true rarity. It contains designs for two characters who make only the briefest of appearances in Phantasy Star III, but are still vital to the game's story lines. One thousand years before the time of Rhys, the Alisa III was devastated by a brutal war between two factions. These brothers are the leaders of the faction that would come to be known as Orakians. The page is dominated by Rulakir, the man who fell under the influence of evil and lived to fight Rhys' grandson. In the lower right corner is Orakio himself, the ancestor of Rhys. The emblem that proudly decorates Orakian castle gates can be seen on his armor.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, '11, 12:31 am 
Interesting image. The emblem is a nice touch.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, '11, 5:06 am 
I don't think I like the swirly war paint on Orakio, but otherwise I think he has the best design of the male characters among Toyo Ozaki's work. The asymmetrical * with the Orakian sunburst is really neat.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, '11, 2:41 am 
Yeah, I don't like those swirls either. He looks so serious in that sketch, but then he has these silly looking swirls on his cheeks. They diminish his presence in an odd way.

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]