Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ] 

Dust Jacket Front

Dust Jacket Front

View Gallery Page

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, '11, 12:02 am 
The front dust jacket of Sega Video Game Illustrations previews some of the artwork contained in the book. Some of these illustrations are cover art from early Sega game releases. The ever famous mascot of the company, Sonic the Hedgehog, makes this instantly recognizable as a Sega book. Unfortunately, Phantasy Star did not make the covers of this book. It has some interesting Phantasy Star content, however.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, '11, 2:25 pm 
Thoul wrote:Unfortunately, Phantasy Star did not make the covers of this book. It has some interesting Phantasy Star content, however.

Phantasy Star may not be on the cover of the book, but there's still an illustration from Hitoshi Yoneda, the artist who made PSIV cover... so, in a way, we can say PS staff is represented as well.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, '11, 5:43 pm 
Oh? Do you know which one of those was created by him? I have to admit that I didn't look at the book very closely outside of the Phantasy Star and Shining Force sections.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, '11, 7:25 pm 
Sorcerian (the mega drive version, at least)
It's at the upper-right corner.

ImageImage

Source: http://vgmdb.net/album/10430

He also made some PS1, PS2 and PS4 artwork, but that was already shown in this site.

Last edited by newsblade on Sat Mar 12, '11, 7:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, '11, 7:52 pm 
Ah, of course. For some reason my brain was misfiring and bringing the western PSIV cover up. No wonder I couldn't make a visual connection. Now I want to look through the book again to see how many PS artists worked on other things.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, '11, 9:42 pm 
Cool! Thanks, newsblade and Thoul. :)

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]