Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Reviews of Rappy
PostPosted: Fri Mar 4, '11, 3:27 pm 
Hello,

This topic is for reviews of Rappy by carlsojos. You may use this topic to let carlsojos know what you think of this work. When commenting, try to go into detail about what you enjoyed or thought could be improved. Both praise and constructive criticism are encouraged. Please refrain from making non-constructive criticisms.

Please keep your comments in this thread on the subject of Rappy. If you would like to discuss another writing, please do so in that writing's review thread.

Thanks,
Thoul

Post subject: Re: Reviews of Rappy
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, '11, 8:42 pm 
This was a very sweet story. It's unusual, at least for me, to see the involved characters in this light. The quest as written in PSIV paints Sekreas as a problem and the farmer as the "good" guy. It's nice to see a bit of role reversal on that aspect. It really lends credence to Sekreas' desire to protect the birds in the game.

Also, I really like that you worked in the landscape of the fields during Sekreas' run. That shows you did some research on your setting, which is always nice to see in fan fiction.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, '11, 10:49 pm 
It's all a matter of perspective, and even the most evil of characters have a story to tell. Mr. Sekreas just happened to want something that endangers the local economy, and he was vilified by the local farmers for his actions. It was kinda fun writing this one.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, '11, 2:19 pm 
Well, I think that would be the modern version of the story if PSIV was released these days. You know, people are much more aware of the environmental problems than 20 years ago, so the poor guy trying to protect the birds would never be put under a negative light if the game was made today.

Anyway, nice job in rewriting the story under this different light, with appropriate setting.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, '11, 11:42 am 
This is actually one of your better stories so far. It's cute, believably written, and despite your more technical approach to writing, it's not as distancing to the viewer as, say, your ship/hydrofoil stories.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, '11, 1:34 pm 
I read it so I feel I need to say something because it's nice for authors to know when people read you.

You managed to create one reaction from me, that's for sure. Considering my very unhappy employment history, I am very sensitive to verbal abuse at work and the ONLY thing I had in mind as I read this was: "Punch him. Don't let him talk to you like that. PUNCH HIS UGLY FARMER FACE IN!!"

Oh well.

English is not my first language, therefore the accent you gave the farmer character increased the reading difficulty for me.

Though I would have been inclined to go on the farmer's side. I hate rappies :P

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, '16, 2:27 pm 
Bumping up this story review. A nice, short story that was fun to read. Rappy's have a way of getting to you for some reason. Enjoyed reading this story again.

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]