Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ] 

Page 31 - Lutz to Rune

Page 31 - Lutz to Rune

View Gallery Page

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, '11, 12:00 am 
A four page article in The World of Phantasy Star discusses the evolution of certain character archetypes in the classic Phantasy Star series and the relationships between the characters who embody those archetypes. On lower portions of pages 30 and 31, this article compares the most prominent Esper wizards: Noah and Rune Walsh, shown here. Rune is represented with the standard character artwork often seen in other publications. Noah's drawing, on the other hand, is quite a departure from the normal. His light blue hair has changed to blonde and his typically blue robe is a deeper purple. One has to wonder what the colorist used as a reference for this illustration.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, '11, 12:18 am 
Thoul wrote::lol: That was my reaction when I first saw it, too. It's very different from most Phantasy Star art, isn't it? The Lutz image that's coming up soon is almost as bad.

I understand now what you wanted to say :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, '11, 9:48 pm 
Yeah, not only has his hair and cape changed but his face looks almost mean too, especially those eyebrows. He doesn't look that way in other images I have seen. This one's kinda scary, imho.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, '11, 3:53 am 
Were it not for the ridiculously thick eyebrows, I could see how the governor of Motavia could have been confused as to this Noah's gender. Strange, indeed.

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]