Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Introducing BlueStars
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, '11, 7:58 pm 
I am happy to announce that the site now has a second theme installed. It is called BlueStars. This theme, as regular visitors might guess from the name, is a largely blue variant of the red theme the site has sported for the last few years.

You can switch to the new theme by going to the User Control Panel, from the Community menu, and clicking the Board preferences link. Select BlueStars from the "My board style" option. BlueStars has been made the default theme for logged out visitors and new accounts registered after today.

If you prefer to keep using the older RedStars theme, don't worry. It will be staying around. You can switch back and forth between the two themes at any time from the Board preferences page.

Last edited by Thoul on Mon Jan 31, '11, 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Introducing BlueStars
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, '11, 12:14 am 
Great. The red theme was nice, but I like much more the blue one. I´ve already changed my personal preferences :D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, '11, 4:01 am 
Must say I'm really loving the blue as well. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 3, '11, 3:20 pm 
Nice theme, Thoul. It reminds me of something, but I can't place my finger on what it is exactly.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 3, '11, 9:35 pm 
Thanks for the kind words, everyone. I'm glad you're enjoying the new theme.

Quote:It reminds me of something, but I can't place my finger on what it is exactly.

I used something very similar on one of my other sites years ago. You might have seen it then. I closed that site some time ago, but rolled some of the Phantasy Star related content over into Fringes at the time. And plus it's literally a color swap of the red theme, so there's that too.

Last edited by Thoul on Thu Feb 3, '11, 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 4, '11, 5:15 pm 
Totally loving the new blue theme, especially since blue is my favorite color. :party: Thanks, Thoul!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 5, '11, 12:04 pm 
Thoul wrote:I used something very similar on one of my other sites years ago. You might have seen it then. I closed that site some time ago, but rolled some of the Phantasy Star related content over into Fringes at the time. And plus it's literally a color swap of the red theme, so there's that too.
It's the colors that reminded me of it, really. :D I think I may have seen the site you've mentioned, vaguely remember it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 5, '11, 4:58 pm 
I'm glad you like it, Schala. It's great to see you back, too!

Tsunami wrote:It's the colors that reminded me of it, really. :D I think I may have seen the site you've mentioned, vaguely remember it.

That site must be it, then. Although blue, white, and gray isn't exactly a rare combination of website colors, that old site used an almost identical background image. So that's probably it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, '11, 2:28 am 
I'm prone to sticking to the original, but I'd have to say that the blue IS a little easier on the eyes.

Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]