Page 11 of 12  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostPosted: Wed Dec 1, '10, 10:54 am 
Hugh: Make him have a word bubble where he says "Buzinga!"

Hmm...you could ask the artist to have a background that has shelves filled with specimens in jars and maybe some beakers full of colored liquids, because nothing says SCIENCE! like specimens in jars and beakers full of colored liquids.

If he's a field biologist, wearing some camo-esque coloring may be interesting, since it'd help him blend in with his surroundings and not scare (or attract) animals/bio-monsters. Maybe instead of his glasses, he could be wearing lab goggles (or have those on his forehead). And I'd give you a big hug if you had him patterned after a young Harold Ramis. :D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 1, '10, 3:13 pm 
I was actually thinking of using Heero Yuy (aged a few years) as the base design for Nugh Hugh. ;)

http://ryogainuyasha.tripod.com/cgi-bin/heero2.jpeg
http://gundamzine.blogspot.com/2008/10/ ... o-yuy.html

Or Sagara Sousuke:

http://animehistory.files.wordpress.com ... ousuke.jpg
http://img141.imageshack.us/i/panic2b2b ... 02ed3.jpg/

They basically look like the same character, anyway. Is that close enough to a young Harold Ramos, or should I add a proton pack? ;)

I was thinking fatigues or camos, since that would be a good way of keeping his outfit green.

(Buzinga?)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 2, '10, 12:45 am 
I just saw this topic and thought I would add something about the slicers (sorry if its an old topic)
What if slicers are actually not caught? It would be easy to imagine them more like arrows where they are purchased in bulk and are just thrown at the enemy and then gathered up after the battle.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 2, '10, 4:43 am 
Shinuzzo wrote:I would kind of like to see combination of both Karas just for the heck of it.

I meant to respond to this earlier. That would be interesting to merge the Karas into one design. Hmm... intriguing!

@Wing Eye- I've thought that thought as well, that slicers don't return, and that they're retrieved after battle. After all, in real life I think all thrown weapons are like this. Once something hits its target with enough force to injure it, I can't imagine that weapon carrying on at a trajectory to where the thrower could then catch it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 2, '10, 6:41 pm 
Tanith wrote:
Shinuzzo wrote:I would kind of like to see combination of both Karas just for the heck of it.

I meant to respond to this earlier. That would be interesting to merge the Karas into one design. Hmm... intriguing!

@ Tanith- I kind of had the same idera about Kara. It's hard to explain, kind of a Alys feel, but slightly less upper and lower body clothing. A sexy fighter but, you can tell she is a princess. I lol'd when I thought about describing Kara, my 1st thought was, Xena warrior princess, but that's just silly. :D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 3, '10, 3:14 am 
The Aron/Adan version of Kara (i.e. Princess Kara) is done! :heart:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 3, '10, 9:24 am 
Oh my...that is very sexy. I love the sleeves on her outfit. Man, Tanith, you really are getting an excellent return on your investment. Can you commission an artist to draw your updated characters all hanging off Corg's shoulders? ;) jK

PostPosted: Fri Dec 3, '10, 10:36 am 
How very awesome! :D I never had a problem with the original Princess Kara, just found ti hard to imagine her flinging a slicer around. But this one makes it a bit more beleiveable I think.

And yes, a great return on your investments, Tanith. :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 3, '10, 12:26 pm 
I seem to get a new favourite with each new character posted. Love the fact the slicer is very long, reminds me a lot of the aboriginal boomerangs in Australia. Her design is quite beautiful too. Kudos once again. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 3, '10, 12:30 pm 
I gotta agree with H-Man- Princess Kara up there is pretty sexy. =)

Page 11 of 12  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next