Page 1 of 2  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, '10, 12:59 am 
Any specific memories you'd like to share?

For me, it would be when I first got PSIV back in the early 1990s. I got up to Zio, and I had no idea why he was killing all of my characters in one hit, so I did some super training. I trained to past Lv60 on those sandworms (the ones with the uber earthquake attack). Then I found out I needed a specific item. After that, all Chaz had to do was look at an enemy and they'd die. Nothing stood a chance against my party.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, '10, 6:40 am 
Alys's death was the scene that keeps coming back to my mind whenever I try to think of something memorable from PS. Another thing, which permanently sealed Wren as my favorite PSIV character, was how I defeated the two protectors on Rykros. The party was very low level, and in both of the fights, it was eventually just Wren left for like ten rounds of the fights to finish them off just by himself.

Last edited by Solar on Wed Nov 10, '10, 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, '10, 2:16 pm 
Phantasy Star III
The revelation that our world is one giant spaceship, followed by the fact that we are descendant of people who fled Parma destruction
Best plot twist in any Phantasy Star for me.

Last edited by xellos667 on Wed Nov 10, '10, 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, '10, 7:29 pm 
I've been playing Phantasy Star 1 for as far back as I can remember, so a lot of my best childhood memories have to do with that game *^_^* I would always draw pictures of Myau, and I even had a cat named Myau.
My best memory of any Phantasy Star game has to be when I first beat Phantasy Star 2, I was in the 1st grade, probably 7 or 8 at the time, and it was the very first video game that I ever beat before my brothers, I was so proud of myself :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, '10, 7:57 pm 
Solar wrote:Another thing, which permanently sealed Wren as my favorite PSIV character, was how I defeated the two protectors on Rykros. The party was very low level, and in both of the fights, it was eventually just Wren left for like ten rounds of the fights to finish them off just by himself.

That happened to me also, although just for one of those bosses. In my case, I was totally out of healing items, telepipes, and escapipes, so I had to walk all the way back out of the tower and to the healing panels near Le Roof with just Wren. Wren really comes through in those tough fights! If not for his self-repair skill, I would have been lost there.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, '10, 12:34 am 
Wren has a lot of hit points and a lot of defense, and to top it off, he can heal himself, too. I'm not surprised he was the last surviving character during a lot of boss battles. The same thing happened to me.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, '10, 2:29 am 
Wing Eye wrote:My best memory of any Phantasy Star game has to be when I first beat Phantasy Star 2, I was in the 1st grade, probably 7 or 8 at the time, and it was the very first video game that I ever beat before my brothers, I was so proud of myself :)

Same here! Except I was in 6th grade when I beat PSII the first time. My brother always beat games before me, but ha, he didn't have the patience for PSII. The ending was really something. I think those that were in the room with me watching the ending were as speechless as I was. It was like:

"..."

"...................."

".........................................?!?!"

"Wait, that's it?! BUT...!"

*jawfloor*

The unresolved ending was really unique for the time.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, '10, 3:01 am 
My best memories about this series came from the IV one... I was young when I first played this game. But I didn't understand nothing. I was really mad because of that, because someone else did some traduction for me, but when he was not there, I can't understand. I decided to learn English because of this very games. And now, I can understand this game because of all the effort I put into learning the Englis Language ^^ Thats my best Memories =D

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, '10, 3:08 am 
Favorite memories...
One was when my sister defeated Zio for the first time. she Charlie horsed her leg.... then she was disappointed when she learned that he wasn't "just defeated" that he "actually dies..."

Also, I'm no good at video games... I went through every alternative at the end of PS IV and ended up winning the game with the help of RAJA.

Also a facepalm moment.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, '10, 1:20 pm 
One time while fighting Profound Darkness, I took Demi with me. I had a run of bad luck during the third form, I beat PD with only her surviving. I think she had to go 4 or 5 rounds solo. I knew PD was close to dying, but so was she, so I took the gamble and won it.

Page 1 of 2  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next