Page 3 of 4  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Which ending is the best one?
Continuing through space 10%  10%  [ 2 ]
Settling on the planet 19%  19%  [ 4 ]
Meeting Neo Palm 38%  38%  [ 8 ]
Into the Black Hole, arriving at Earth 33%  33%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 21
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, '10, 11:19 am 
I like the idea of meeting up with the Neo Palm. It opens the arena up for further generations (on the ship), the possibility of more explanations about the whole world ship dealie (maybe the Neo Palm was able to keep better records of itself than the Alisa III), and maybe the Neo Palm itself has a history that'd be even more fascinating than that of the Alisa III.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, '10, 12:02 pm 
That's true. The Neo Palm had probably been unaffected by Dark Force with it being trapped by Orakio, so it would have been pretty much as it was when it left Palma 1000 years ago unlike the Alisa III whose inhabitants didn't even know they were on a ship thanks to the war and all the setbacks it caused. They also knew about Dark Force, that's why they came to help the Alisa III when they saw Azura had been destroyed.

As for favourite endings; I don't know. I would agree with H-Man about the Neo Palm making things a bit more interesting. I know the ending with the black hole and arriving at earth was a bit weird and I never liked it much. I know there are those who believe this is what led to the events of PS II, though I'm not one of those people and am more inclined to believe otherwise that the Earthmen just happened to find Algo while looking for a new home. PS II was made before PS III after all.

Anyway, blah de blah. I can't decide and I'm not really fussed about which is better besides 4, so I'm just going to pick 1, 2 and 3. :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, '10, 12:27 pm 
I have the same opinion. For me, any ending that not the black hole one is fine.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, '10, 2:18 pm 
*sigh* Complicated.

I like meeting up with Neo Palm the best out of the endings, but I don't like what it takes to get to that conclusion. I don't like Ayn marrying his cousin (please do not throw the "but it's faux medieval times!" excuse at me), and I don't like Azura exploding or Ayn and Thea dying. So, it's Neo Palm for me, but only the ending. I personally don't care for the rest of Sean's story, even though it is technically exciting.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, '10, 8:43 pm 
Tanith wrote:*sigh* Complicated.

I like meeting up with Neo Palm the best out of the endings, but I don't like what it takes to get to that conclusion. I don't like Ayn marrying his cousin (please do not throw the "but it's faux medieval times!" excuse at me), and I don't like Azura exploding or Ayn and Thea dying. So, it's Neo Palm for me, but only the ending. I personally don't care for the rest of Sean's story, even though it is technically exciting.

Well, Tanith, one day you and I will have to team up to write a novelization/retcon of the Rhys->Ayn->Sean story of PSIII so we can address these concerns of yours. :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, '10, 10:22 pm 
H-Man wrote:Well, Tanith, one day you and I will have to team up to write a novelization/retcon of the Rhys->Ayn->Sean story of PSIII so we can address these concerns of yours. :D
Wouldn't mind doing that, but how do we "address" the cousin issue? *waves magic wand* DING! You're no longer cousins, Ayn and Thea! :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, '10, 10:25 pm 
Well considering how hazy things are in that area, I think you two could probably come up with something. :p

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, '10, 10:26 pm 
Cousins by marriage: Lyle's uncle married the sister of the king of Cille.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, '10, 10:33 pm 
Works for me!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, '10, 10:49 pm 
Excellent. I'll write the battle scenes and some of the tongue-in-cheek moments, you take care of the more epic, dramatic scenes and the lemony moments when the characters get hitched. We can retcon it so that the women AREN'T tripping over each other in order to marry the prince. Ha! :D

Page 3 of 4  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next