Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Sarah Palin book
PostPosted: Thu May 13, '10, 8:03 pm 
Sarah Palin, former Alaska Governor and vice-presidential candidate, has another new book coming out soon, probably sometime in November of this year 2010.

The title of her new book is America By Heart: Reflections On Family, Faith, and Flag.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/books/news ... alin_N.htm

Palin's previous book Going Rogue has sold more than 2 million copies.

Post subject: Re: Sarah Palin book
PostPosted: Thu May 13, '10, 9:35 pm 
Methinks she likes the $$$$$$$$$

And the celebrity...

PostPosted: Thu May 13, '10, 11:29 pm 
That could be said of any author. There are usually additional reasons for writing a book, though. Maybe she has some message she wants to spread. Although to be honest, I'm not sure a book filled with quotes from other works is the best way to do that.

PostPosted: Sat May 15, '10, 5:33 pm 
Thoul wrote: I'm not sure a book filled with quotes from other works is the best way to do that.

Reminds me of a book I am currently reading titled "Wake-Up Calls" by Joan Lunden (former host of "Good Morning America" tv show. She has a lot of quotes in the book from various other people. I'm talking pages and pages of quotes. Some might think it's a little too much, but I enjoy reading those quotes and bits of wisdom.

PostPosted: Sat May 15, '10, 6:54 pm 
To say that Sarah Palin is writing these books is a polite fiction. More accurately, she's paying someone else to write the books for her. It always irritates me when people announce that a celebrity has "written" something. No, they haven't.

PostPosted: Sat May 15, '10, 7:19 pm 
There are some celebrities that do write their own books. Ghost writing is always a big business, though. I don't like when publishers mislead potential buyers by leaving out the detail that a book is written by someone else. It's just not honest.

PostPosted: Wed May 19, '10, 5:50 am 
Thoul wrote:There are some celebrities that do write their own books. Ghost writing is always a big business, though. I don't like when publishers mislead potential buyers by leaving out the detail that a book is written by someone else. It's just not honest.

I agree with most of your comments. I think some of the celebrities/politicians/etc., may write their own books, but a lot of them have help...such as possibly a collaborator mentioned in the article above, or a researcher, etc. I always like to read the acknowledgement sections in books to see who and why the author is thanking certain people and helpers.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 5, '10, 6:38 pm 
The cover for Sarah Palin's new book due out very soon has been revealed:

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/38471848/ ... ?GT1=43001

Comments or Opinions?

I think it's a good picture of her, but certainly not her best one. Something's a little off kilter, imho. I do like her hair down rather than up, though.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 5, '10, 6:44 pm 
Maybe the "off kilter" angle is an attempt to change her image. She gathered a reputation for having a certain look during her campaigning days. Perhaps the publisher wants her to look more accessible to the general public.

Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]