Page 2 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, '10, 5:49 am 
Or he coulda sent Rolf on purpose to his death to hide his mistake and then his mistake would be forgotten.

He coulda let Rolf and Co come back and rest at least.

The compendium has Lutz forgetting about the seal he researched and being scared of Mother Brain o.o The Almighty Lutz!

I still think we have so many possibilities for games. Aina and Ohario on Palma vs a Dark Force, Dark Force arising maybe in 284.. Mieu being made 500 years before PS 3..


Top
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, '10, 4:00 pm 
Rick wrote:No one realized because mass people died? If you look at the other compendium entries, the Earthmen waste no time in moving in to restore things.


There's nothing to actually indicate that a lot of people did die. Cities were destroyed, but that could just be a reference to the buildings and not people. It is possible that many did die, but the PSIII worldships were used during the Conjunction. With so many ships that large, a lot of people should have survived.

At the very least, the pilots of the ships would have known that the planets moved. They would have had to plot a course back to the planets after the event was over. That wouldn't have been possible unless they knew where the planets were located.

I can't believe the Earthmen had the power to cause something like the Conjunction; if so, they could have destroyed Algo much more easily than slowly taking over the place. They could certainly take advantage of it by destroying the royal family's ship and influencing the rebuilding, but actually moving two planets only one time is a bit much.


Top
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, '10, 4:07 pm 
I consider most of the things in the Compendium timeline to be bs, because they confuse more than explain and create contradictions.

The explanation of the elliptical orbit (well, all orbits are elliptical :p) is better, because it removes some weird facts. If the Earthmen were able to exchange orbits of the planets, why didn't they save Earth? That is too much for me.

The thing I dislike in the series is this lack of coherence, and this two different versions only add to prove that.


Top
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, '10, 11:52 pm 
Quote:They could certainly take advantage of it by destroying the royal family's ship and influencing the rebuilding, but actually moving two planets only one time is a bit much.


Well mother brain did cause something to fall into palma and hit it. In Gundam chars Counterattack, we see mass gundams stop Axis from hitting the Earth by pushing it away.. Maybe that applied? They did have machines..

Or maybe just moving the Noah caused fluctuations.

Either way the elliptical theory works but it makes the Earthmen look less sinister.

They woulda destroyed Palma and then Mota and like stated in PS IV, if Mota was destroyed, the PD would be free Xd Compendium states they wanted to rebirth the Pd. weee..

I think the Earthmen's technology was very superior to Algos.

Why didn't the Earthmen save Earth? Simple. They didn't care. Just like 80% of the people on this planet don't give a damn about the environment. When was the last time you tried to save the planet? Recycled everything you threw away? Walked instead of drove?

The Earthmen didn't save Earth because they had destroyed it with pollution and destruction. Coral did the same thing in PS Zero.

How long will Earth stay perfect? We ruin the environment every day. There is damage done already that we can't fix. In time our population will be too big, wars will come and maybe fleeing will be the only way.

Most of the world now is just like the Earthmen. We want to control everything and want everything. We don't give a damn about the planet or what we do to it. Companies don't care about where they dump their waste. Companies don't care about smog. People don't care.

Like the japanese pS 2 states, We want to control the world with scientific means. We want to clone, create and be gods. We won't realize our mistakes till we damage our planet too much.

Cuban Missile Crisis almost made a nuclear holocaust realistic and the Earth would have been even worse off than it is now.


Top
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, '10, 12:34 am 
Rick wrote:Either way the elliptical theory works but it makes the Earthmen look less sinister.

That's subjective, but do they have to be so sinister, anyway? At some point it becomes overkill. Their apathy towards Algo was a pretty shocking end to PS2; they hated Algo because Algo had everything they wanted but had destroyed on Earth. Thus, they decided to manipulate Algo--in secret--with Mother Brain to make the people surly like them. That's pretty darn evil if you ask me.

Do you read sci-fi? You can draw a lot of analogies to PS2 with books like Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?, Nineteen Eighty-Four, The Songs of Distant Earth, and Brave New World. The true evil lies in manipulating nature and controlling society through oligarchy. To me the Conjunction waters down a brilliant sci-fi story that already existed in the Phantasy Star series.


Top
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, '10, 1:22 am 
My Scifi is from the good ole days.

Asimov, Piers Anthony (Apprentice Adept Series, etc), Jack L Chalker (Well World, 4 lords of the Diamond, etc), Anne Mccaffrey, Roger Zelazney, A. A. Anastasio, any many others from the 60s-80s.

Well World series is especially awesome. So is Apprentice Adept and 4 Lords of the Diamond.

The Markovians in the Well World series are one step above the Earthmen.


Top
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, '10, 12:37 pm 
Rick wrote:Why didn't the Earthmen save Earth? Simple. They didn't care. Just like 80% of the people on this planet don't give a damn about the environment. When was the last time you tried to save the planet? Recycled everything you threw away? Walked instead of drove?


Don't talk about what you don't know. I recycle every piece of waste that is possible to recycle at home and at work. I never drive and many times walk more than 1 hour to get home. Most people is not aware of the concerns about the environment.

Rick wrote:The Earthmen didn't save Earth because they had destroyed it with pollution and destruction. Coral did the same thing in PS Zero.

How long will Earth stay perfect? We ruin the environment every day. There is damage done already that we can't fix. In time our population will be too big, wars will come and maybe fleeing will be the only way.


Ok, we can't fix things easily, but we are able to fix the environment. To change the orbits of planets, no way. Don't you think that a society able to exchange planet orbits would be able to fix the environment?

Rick wrote:Most of the world now is just like the Earthmen. We want to control everything and want everything. We don't give a damn about the planet or what we do to it. Companies don't care about where they dump their waste. Companies don't care about smog. People don't care.


Most people care about the planet. Governments enforce that companies dump their waste on the right places. Lots of people use environment-friendly products just because they want, not because they need.

Rick wrote:Like the japanese pS 2 states, We want to control the world with scientific means. We want to clone, create and be gods. We won't realize our mistakes till we damage our planet too much.

Cuban Missile Crisis almost made a nuclear holocaust realistic and the Earth would have been even worse off than it is now.


Cuban Missile Crisis is the proof that people care more about the Earth than you say. If they didn't care, they would have blown each other with nukes. No nuke was launched (apart from testing) since Hiroshima and Nagasaki. The world has many problems and mankind too, but we are far from Earthmen.


Top
PostPosted: Thu May 6, '10, 11:23 pm 
Today, when preparing some future images of the day, I noticed something interesting that may explain where the idea of altered orbits was born. Here are a couple of relevant images. The first one is from the PS1 manual. The second is PS4's in-game star chart for plotting a course in the Landale ship.

308 782


In both of these images, Dezoris is the third planet out from the star and has an orbit that is parallel (or at least close enough to parallel) to the orbit of the second planet. In the PS1 image, Motavia is the first planet, the darkest one. In the PSIV image, Motavia is the second planet, the red one.

If you look at the orbital path of Motavia with respect to that of Dezoris, it is easy to see that something definitely happened here. Either we have a case of artist error or the orbit of a planet has actually altered.

The Sega retrospective I mentioned in the first post of the topic, where Sega ignores the Conjuction concept, has an image showing the orbits as well. It's very similar to the PS1 image here, just with Motavia's orbital path being more slanted toward the plane shared by Palma and Dezoris.


Top
 Page 2 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: