Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Reviews of Grief
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, '07, 11:58 pm 
Hello,

This topic is for reviews of Grief, the fan fiction by Thoul. You may use this topic to let Thoul know what you think of this story. When commenting on the story, try to go into detail about what you enjoyed or thought could be improved. Both praise and constructive criticism are encouraged. Please refrain from making non-constructive criticisms.

Please keep your comments in this thread on the subject of Grief. If you would like to discuss another story, please do so in that story's review thread.

Thanks,
Thoul

Post subject: Re: Reviews of Grief
PostPosted: Thu Mar 4, '10, 10:31 am 
No reviews yet? Let me change that: I read this years ago on fanfiction.net and it's definitely one of the most creative Phantasy Star fanfics out there. Really, really well done.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 5, '10, 2:47 am 
Thanks, Tanith! :D

True story: I had the Phantasy Star category in fanfiction.net created so I could post this story there back in the day. It's hard to believe that was nearly ten years ago now.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 5, '10, 2:58 am 
Well, aren't you the trailblazer! :D

There's not nearly enough Phantasy Star fanfic over at fanfiction.net, which is unfortunate. I just posted my story over there and I have three more in the works, so hey, at least there's one old fogey like me who's keeping that PS Eclipse Torch lit!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, '11, 11:21 pm 
I´m reading all the fanfics in the site and I have to say it is a very original one, considering Dark Force and Dark Falz are two different entities.

It is nice to see Dark Force with human feelings. It is still an evil entity, but instead of the traditional "personification of hate", it is, in fact, an evil supernatural entity with human traits, who can befriend other entities and feel grief, sadness and compassion besides hate. Nice view of Dark Force.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, '11, 2:15 am 
I'm glad you enjoyed it. :D I wanted to do something different with the villain and make him more three dimensional. I think villains are often more interesting when they have some qualities we can relate to directly. It's hard to relate to a living mass of hate, but put in some sadness and compassion and the character can be viewed in a completely new way.

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]