Page 1 of 2  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is the Best Wizard in the Classic PS Series?
Noah 26%  26%  [ 6 ]
Lyle 30%  30%  [ 7 ]
Ryan 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Rune 43%  43%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 23
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, '07, 12:09 am 
Ok, the candidates for this one are Staff users with Offensive magic; Noah, Lyle, Ryan, and Rune. So, which player-character is the best when taking into account usefulness and their story?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, '07, 12:37 am 
I'm going with Rune on this one, because he has the most versatile range of abilities. I'm not that happy with his story (the Telepathy Ball part, I mean), but he's great against a variety of enemies with elemental defenses.

I really don't remember much about Ryan's abilities. His story had potential, but like the rest of PSIII, wasn't explored much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, '07, 1:17 am 
No one from PSII? Not even Amy? She did use Fire Staves and powerful techs from what I recall. :?

Anyhow, I had to go with Lyle. His motives for the most part were unclear, but there's more to him as shown later if Maia is chosen as Rhys's bride. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, '07, 6:39 pm 
I am afraid I am gonna have to be biased with this one as I hardly remember ps3, and hardly touched ps1.

Tie breaker for Rune!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, '07, 2:42 am 
Tsunami, yeah, no one from PSII; I'm saving Amy for a Healer showdown with Raja! :hyper:

In a bit of an upset.... I choose Lyle! Rune is a cooler rehash of Noah, (eliminating Noah) and is utterly awesome in combat, and even has a surprise twist in store for the player, but I still side with Lyle. There isn't much going for Ryan other than being the only character in PS with sunglasses! 8)

My argument for Lyle: he's very strong, has some nice Techs, but it is his behavior in the game that wins me over. Call it the "mystery" factor. He leaves me wanting to know more, and therefore stimulates my interest. PSIII Spoilers! He can turn into a dragon, but does not tell how he can do it! He abducts Maia at the altar, and keeps the secret from Rhys to the grave. He joins the party yet still stands for his country and fights Rhys one-on-one, only to rejoin the cause in defeat! The complexity of his moral struggle and victory in it had my full attention, but I still wanted to know more. That's why Lyle gets my vote.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, '10, 8:33 pm 
I got one word to support this: Efess (sp.)

(One word that I'm not even sure I spelled correctly)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, '10, 12:23 am 
I voted Rune but I don't know why Lutz its not there O_O...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, '10, 6:16 am 
I think it's unfair to judge them by their actual techniques, since in any series you'd expect the characters stats to become better with each installment. Therefore, I judged on the character, or what we know of the character, anyway.

Lyle, hands down, has the most interesting character. He's sneaky and impish. He seems a little more rugged than the other magic-users. He's more independent, whereas the others are at least somewhat tied to their duties as Espers (except Ryan). There's even one person in his kingdom who mentions how impulsive and unpredictable he is.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, '10, 3:07 pm 
Noah and Lyle are great, it is too difficult to choose. In PSI, Noah is plainly "the wizard" of the game. Lyle is a very interesting character.

Rune, IMO, is not only the worst, but the worst character in the entire series. He is filled with clichés and a copy of a million manga characters, so not interesting at all. Besides that, he was so "important" to my game play that I always used him attacking, never using techniques or skills.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, '10, 3:16 pm 
Noah, the original Lutz, all the way.

Page 1 of 2  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next