Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, '09, 12:01 am 
This profile from Phantasy Star Collection, reprinted in the Phantasy Star Collection (Saturn) art gallery, highlights the first cyborg seen in Phantasy Star III, Mieu. It gives her the name of Myew, which at least sounds similar even if the spelling is different. Compare that to Myau's name as given in his similar profile, Myaw, and one has to wonder if there is more of a connection between the two than just being agile claw users. Mieu's profile also lacks any information about her age, even though the game provides that (though the Japan and English versions conflict on the matter). The profile for Wren also lacked age information, so maybe it is just a cyborg thing.

You may view the gallery page for Myew.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, '09, 4:38 am 
Lyle: So, uh, Rhys. I couldn't help but notice, you've got a rather attractive traveling companion with you.
Lena: Why, thank yo-
Lyle: Not you!
Rhys: Then who? Oh. Mieu.
Lyle: Yeah, she seems rather va-va-voom, if ya know what I mean. Think you can get me into her good graces?
Rhys: (thinks this over as best as he can, then approaches Mieu. They talk for a few seconds, then Rhys comes back)
Lyle: Well?
Rhys: She said, and I'm gonna use her exact words on this: "No, Prince Rhys, Prince Lyle already has a steady girlfriend, not to mention an arranged betrothal to Princess Maia. I'm not giving him my Visiphone number, and please tell him to stop staring at my butt or the Gi Res train stops."
Lena: That... that sucks, Lyle.
Lyle: T_T
Rhys: I could at least get you a picture. Where's the camera?
Mieu: I think Princess Maia got to it...
Maia: (enters, enraged, and THROWS the camera at Lyle's feet) Rhys, my love! Save me from my pervert cousin!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, '09, 9:04 am 
Nyuuman = Myau + Human
Myew = Myaw + Androids / or Myaw+Human+Technology/ ... or an android version of "NM types".

I think Myaw, Myew, Mywn and Nywmen are (somehow) all related.
I just don't know the story behind this relation. To me it reminds a mystery...

By the way, Mieu is a "Type-S2"; does this mean that Miun is a "Type-S1" or could Miun be a "Type S2" too?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, '09, 11:24 am 
I'd like to see Mieu and Demi in a game together. Just to see how the two droids would interact with each other.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, '09, 8:29 pm 
newsblade wrote:By the way, Mieu is a "Type-S2"; does this mean that Miun is a "Type-S1" or could Miun be a "Type S2" too?

That's a good question. I think Miun would be a Type-S2 also, but then we've never seen a Type-S1 to know the difference. That's one aspect of the androids I wish had been explored more in the series. With the Wrens, we get to see several different models: PSIII Wren, Siren, PSIV Wren, and all Wren-like those enemies in PSIV. That was good, but more Hapsby or Mieu style models would have been nice too.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, '09, 9:13 am 
Kinda sad because Mieu mad herself a big impact in PSIII and is probably the most remembered character in the game. Yet Sega wanted nothing to do with her in further merchandise. :( :blank:

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]