Page 2 of 2  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, '08, 12:21 am 
The first time I played through PSIV way back when I was in fourth or fifth grade, I had to rely on myself in two ways: I had to figure stuff out for myself, and trust in what I could remember from watching my dad and older brother play. But I did not use any outside help besides what was provided with the game itself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, '08, 12:38 am 
Same here, although I'm afraid I can't say the same for PSII, (my favourite) as I simply had to use pre-made maps to get through those nightmarish dungeons :darkside:

Aside from the demonic dungeons of PSII, I haven't used any outside help in conquering the old Phantasy Stars, (a feat we should all be proud of!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, '08, 5:41 am 
Using a guide has always been cheating for me. Its always like, ruining the fun of playing ya know? Only would have used it for the funner stuff. lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, '08, 4:18 pm 
I've only played PS4, so I don't really have much to say... <.<

When I first played it, I never used any guides--the game was kinda easy anyway. It's not really fun if you read all the spoilers hanging about. D: Now that I'm playing the game again, I'm looking at as many guides as I can. I already know what happens in the end of the game, so I figured that there's no use being afraid of stumbling on spoilers. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, '08, 6:18 pm 
I didn't use any guides on my first couple playthroughs. I rarely use guides except to find the stuff I wouldn't otherwise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, '08, 11:02 pm 
I don't remember using guides when I played the classic PS's, on the other hand, I didn't finish any of them, so I probably should have. ^_^'''

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, '08, 11:15 pm 
theres guides to phantasy star? blasphemy i say. anyways technically i could really use a guide on PSI Generations, I can't seem to advance anymore, the game is like extremely evil since you gotta talk to everyone.. Alot of the item names have changed and don't do the same stuff as well.

So far i've gone through PSII III and IV without a guide because even though II is the evilest one out of the whole bunch they just don't seem that hard in terms of needing a guide to me.

I've only played the original PSI when it came out on gba and it kinda just killed me with the way it was made. (sorry and PSI fans) I do perfer the new version of the game though.. its godly

Page 2 of 2  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2