Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 6, '08, 3:01 am 
So, I was reading on the 'net and found this report about a study that claims "the part of the brain that generates rewarding feelings is more activated in men than women during video-game play."
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 140115.htm
I don't find it too surprising once they get into more of the details about the results, talking about who is more territorial and all that. But what I really have to wonder is this: couldn't they have been doing something more productive than studying video games for this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 6, '08, 3:53 am 
Interesting article and study - not! I find this to be very predjudiced against females. I mean, come on there was only 22 people total (11 men and 11 women) in this whole study. Sheeze, I think to come up with a viable answer, they need more people than this. :grumpy:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 6, '08, 5:04 am 
More control and territorial? A woman can be just as if not more controlling than a man can. I vote false!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 6, '08, 2:57 pm 
Silver_Surfer1 wrote:Interesting article and study - not! I find this to be very predjudiced against females. I mean, come on there was only 22 people total (11 men and 11 women) in this whole study. Sheeze, I think to come up with a viable answer, they need more people than this. :grumpy:

Fully agreed. For any study to be viable, you need a sample group bigger than 22 people. Maybe if they redid this study with more people, I'd take it more seriously. Maybe.

Or they could spend their time studying something a little more worthwhile.

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]